Registered Nurse - Education Coordinator - PH Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit, Full-time (1.0FTE), Days, $5,000/$7,500 Sign-On Bonus EligibleLocation Palos Heights, Illinois Business Unit Palos Hospital Job REQID 78955 Job Function Nursing Coordinator Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
View this video to learn more from the heroes that work at Northwestern Medicine.
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
$5,000 for 0-23 months of experience
$7,500 for 24+ months of experience
- Integrates theoretical knowledge, evidence based practice principles, and clinical expertise in nursing practice into educational experiences.
- Develops, coordinates, implements, and evaluates formal and informal education of the staff, including nurses, assistive personnel and student nurses including off shifts and weekends.
- Coordinates and participates in unit specific orientation process in collaboration with the NM Academy, peers, managers, and the Department of Professional Practice and Development.
- Develops, coordinates, implements, and evaluates annual unit-specific clinical skills validation and competency evaluation.
- Coordinates mandatory education activities including off shifts and weekends.
- Partners with unit leadership to develop educational learning plans for individual staff.
- Maintains standards of practice relevant to specific clinical settings.
- Collaborates with the NM Academy to identify educational needs and to develop and implement appropriate strategies to meet those needs.
- Supports ongoing development of critical thinking skills of clinical nurses.
- Provides direct patient care as needed, and acts as a clinical instructor during orientation and transition into practice of new hires.
- Develops education plans around proposed practice changes to support the Nursing Practice and Quality and Safety Committees.
- Uses established research critique guidelines when reviewing evidence based articles.
- Understand the CMS and TJC standards as they relate to direct patient care.
- Develop in-services in response to quality audits and CMS and TJC standard changes
- Provides feedback to the manager regarding staff performance.
- Participates in unit/departmental/divisional or hospital committees/task forces as assigned.
- Remains clinically proficient within area of expertise.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse State of Illinois Professional Nurse.
- Certification in area of clinical specialty.
- BSN with a minimum of two years related clinical experience.
- Membership in Professional Nursing Organization
- BLS Certification
- ACLS Certification in clinical areas where required
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs