Program Manager Engagement, Full-Time, DaysLocation Palos Heights, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 18609 Job Function Management-Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Program Manager - Patient Engagement reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Reporting to the Program Director of Patient Engagement, the Program Manager this high-level, individual contributor position has responsibilities for managing patient engagement programs and efforts throughout the organization. Responsibilities include: leading patient engagement initiatives, managing major patient satisfaction projects, supporting aligned or related projects across the region and system, and using data and various sources of information to present findings and recommendations for improving patient engagement.
The Program Manager will lead and work closely with other key departments to lead and implement new programs and initiatives. The Program Manager will also evaluate and monitor existing programs, assess effectiveness using data and other sources of patient feedback, and research leading practices, both in and outside of the healthcare industry. A Program Manager Patient Engagement works closely with senior leadership (i.e. vice presidents, Clinical Chairs, Division Chiefs), as well as directors, managers, and physician leaders, to define patient engagement projects and build consensus that results in complete plans that are in alignment with the Northwestern Medicine (NM) strategic plan and annual goals.
- Manages projects and supervises departmental staff as assigned by a Program Director of Patient Engagement, as well as supports departmental priorities for staff development, process improvement, and enhancement of departmental functions.
- Leads processes that successfully contribute to the NM strategic plan and overall mission of NMHC, and exemplifies and demonstrates the organizations values and competencies needed to be effective in this role.
- Works closely with key directors, managers and physicians to design, test, and implement patient engagement initiatives and projects.
- Partners with key departments to execute initiatives and implement programs such as service training, reward and recognition programs, service recover, point of care surveying, and others.
- Complete plans and recommendations, under sponsorship of a vice president and oversight by a Program Director of Patient Engagement.
- Highly responsive and effective in working with operational managers and physicians, defining projects effectively, and meeting client and organizational strategic objectives simultaneously.
- Through relationship development throughout the NM community, identifies and secures interdepartmental support and other resources necessary for successful origination and implementation of patient engagement initiatives.
- Works closely with operational staff and managers to assure successful transition to implementation of approved initiatives.
- Responsible for meeting goals in a timely and cost effective manner. Held accountable through performance goals, incentive plans, and other monitoring systems.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in available data sources and analytic capabilities. Identifies opportunities to streamline and continuously improve analytic and patient engagement processes. Institutes quality assurance procedures to ensure validity of internal, competitor, and market data
- Creates an environment of partnership, collaboration, seamless quality, and service enhancement across teams, departments, and divisions of the organization.
- Supports ongoing learning and skill development for self and team members. Encourages those who identify problems, potential solutions, and opportunities for improvement. Supports and empowers team members in piloting new ideas and solutions.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5 or more years of Patient Engagement experience.
- Experience working within a clinical environment.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficiency with database, presentation, and spreadsheet applications.
- Thoughtful and practical approach to problem-solving.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Self-directed and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Experience in hospital, academic medical center, physician group, and/or healthcare provider consulting setting.
- Experience working closely with physicians in a provider setting is highly desired.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Medical Care Center, Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - CDH Surgical Care Unit (Post Operative Care Unit), Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-o Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Mother/Baby) Full Time, Nights Lake Forest, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Observation) Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs