Outcomes Program Assoc BCVI, PH Cardiovascular Administration- Full-time, DaysLocation Palos Heights, Illinois Business Unit Palos Hospital Job REQID 32454 Job Function General Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Outcomes Program Assoc BCVI reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
In relation to the Outcomes program for the BCVI:
- Conducts primary and secondary research analysis on assigned quality outcomes initiatives.
- Compiles data on utilization and benchmarks related to cardiovascular disease (as warranted) by working with BCVI West Region hospital departments or other campus partners.
- Conducts literature searches and maintains files on CV research, initiatives and industry benchmarking.
- Keeps current with health care reform and policy impact on quality measurement/performance for cardiovascular disease.
- Assist in outcomes program development.
- Works closely with the departments who are monitoring cardiovascular data such as (but not limited to): Business Development (i.e. CaseMix, UHC, CompData), Clinical Documentation, Clinical Quality (i.e. Leapfrog, Get with the Guidelines, other quality indicators), Clinical Trials Unit (i.e., databases for the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) and American College of Cardiology (ACC)), Emergency Department, Infection Control, Patient Care Services, Physician Practices (i.e. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Physician Quality Reporting (PQRI)), Patient Services (i.e. Patient Satisfaction), Surgical Services, Vascular Surgery (i.e. National Surgery Quality Improvement Program (NSQUIP), other vascular outcomes).
Assist Operations Director to achieve BCVI global goals:
- Assists the BCVI operations director in the development and implementation of BCVI outcomes program initiatives such as:
- Performs analysis as warranted to monitor performance of BCVIs cardiovascular outcomes.
- Compares preliminary evaluation and analysis of cardiovascular performance to industry benchmarking evaluations.
- Assists in updating outcomes reporting dashboard with both qualitative and quantitative analytical evaluations.
- Supports BCVI operations director efforts to continuously enhance and improve approaches to monitoring internal and external quality reporting requirements.
- Supports BCVI operations director efforts to ensure accuracy and integrity of outcomes data depicted on internal websites, such as NM website, and NM online marketing materials as well as external sites (i.e. Leapfrog, Consumer Reports/STS Public Reporting/Managed Care quality reporting).
- Supports the development of processes to assist the BCVI leadership in improving outcomes/performance (as warranted).
- Identify red flags and put together action plans as appropriate to address.
- When indicated, lead multi-disciplinary teams in process and outcome improvement initiatives (whether as a formal DMAIC project or informal improvement project).
- Engage with clinical leads or lead efforts related to larger outcomes task forces such as TAVR and/or Transcatheter Valve programs at large and Heart Failure Readmissions.
- Create and lead presentations on a quarterly basis to update BCVI and NM leadership on outcomes performance across the service line.
- Provide recommendations for outcomes used towards marketing initiatives and put together materials/graphs/presentations for publications.
- Internal and External Education:
- Supports BCVI operations director efforts to educate BCVI and NM leadership as well as outside entities (i.e. Leapfrog).
- Own process for updating various clinical teams at Quality Management committee meetings on CV outcome performance (i.e. Cath Lab QM, EP QM, Vascular QM Conference and additional venues such as meetings/conference for cardiac surgery).
- Assists BCVI operations director in providing supporting materials for BCVI leadership presentations guided towards philanthropic efforts, marketing efforts and general BCVI program development.
- Foster a positive environment through open, respectful communication patterns.
- Adhoc projects as warranted.
- Supports performance improvement initiatives in cardiovascular patient care processes provided by clinical staff in the hospital and at other NMHC programs on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor performance of initiatives and support quality improvements as applicable.
- Two years of experience in healthcare, marketing, finance, or business development.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or healthcare related field.
- Knowledge of database and spreadsheet software programs and analytical applications.
- Strong analytic and financial skills.
- Communication skill is required in order to coordinate projects.
- Master's degree.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Registered Nurse- PH Perinatal, Casual, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Oncology -Sg4 North - Part-Time, Days - Sign On-Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time Days - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time, Days, - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs