Maintenance Worker IV - PH Building Maintenance, Full-time, DaysLocation Palos Heights, Illinois Business Unit Palos Hospital Job REQID P43968 Job Function Facilities/Maintenance Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Maintenance Worker IV-PH Building Maintenance reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Under general supervision, troubleshoots, analyzes and repairs equipment and utility malfunctions. Possesses the knowledge, background and training in specific areas to allow for responsibility of one or more utility or equipment systems throughout the facility. Has the skills, ability and experience to directly supervise other department employees in the repair of equipment and utility systems and to provide ongoing training and education to other employees in these areas.
- Provides the highest quality of services to the patients and staff while being constantly aware of the consequences that may result from the verbal and physical actions taken while carrying out daily job duties.
- Troubleshoots equipment malfunctions. Evaluates and analyzes problems, taking appropriate corrective action or referring to manager or supervisor.
- Responsible for the servicing and repairing of two or more of the hospital utility and equipment systems.
- Inspects, repairs or installs components or equipment to maintain the hospital utility systems.
- Performs duties as required in order to repair or fabricate equipment.
- Performs safety checks on all mechanical equipment, removing unsafe equipment from service.
- Provides work direction and training to Maintenance Workers I, II, and III as requested.
- Performs preventative maintenance according to schedule and continually updates preventative maintenance tasks to assure that all hospital equipment is properly maintained.
- Responsible for learning and following the job and task specific procedures for safe utility system operation as appropriate to a Worker IV.
- May be required to respond to fire alarms if assigned during weekday hours. Responds to fire alarms and initiates prescribed procedures when working second or third shift or weekends.
- Performs a variety of routine manual duties as required.
- Assists with snow and ice removal as required.
- Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations when interacting with other personnel, medical staff and the public.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This is a non-union position.
This position is full-time, 80 hours per pay period, day shift, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., with alternating weekends and holidays.
Trade or vocational school graduate or four year apprenticeship in a mechanical field or equivalent experience as Maintenance Worker III; four to five years experience in general maintenance and repair work required; analytical ability required to troubleshoot equipment malfunctions; possesses the knowledge, background and training in specific areas to allow for responsibility of two or more utility or equipment systems throughout the facility. Valid drivers license required.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Respiratory Care Assistant- Delnor Respiratory Care, Casual, Rotating Shifts Geneva, Illinois
- OB RN - Full-Time, Day Shift DeKalb, Illinois
- Outpatient Physical Therapist- Full Time, Weekdays & Saturday Morning Shift Bartlett, Illinois
- Registered Nurse, Day Surgery, Part-Time DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs