Housekeeping Assistant II PH Housekeeping Full-time EveningsLocation Palos Heights, Illinois Business Unit Palos Hospital Job REQID 98511 Job Function Housekeeping Shift Evening Job (2nd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
View this video to learn more from the heroes that work at Northwestern Medicine.
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Housekeeping Assistant II - PH Housekeeping reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Working under general supervision of an Environmental Services supervisor, the Housekeeping Assistant II performs a variety of cleaning and associated functions inside the hospital and performs related duties as assigned.
- Vacuums carpeted surfaces and damp mops hard surface floors.
- Cleans window sills, empties ash trays and waste baskets.
- Arranges furniture in patient's rooms, baths, offices, waiting and other public areas as assigned.
- Cleans bath tubs, sinks, mirrors, toilets and replaces supplies as required.
- Strips unit upon discharge.
- Terminally clean patient room and prepares room for admission. This includes the use of a Tent card and toilet seat strip.
- Cleans blood and body fluids.
- While generally assigned to a specific area, may be dispatched to other areas as needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Refinish floors, applying appropriate surface coatings.
- Operates electrical and battery operated machines for scrubbing, shampooing and burnishing.
- Moves furniture as directed and assists in freight moving.
- Washes walls, blinds, lights and similar surface areas and hang cubicles and drapes.
- Maintains and cleans equipment.
- Upon completion, return equipment to assigned location (i.e. equipment storeroom or janitor's closets).
- Keeps janitor's closet and storage area neat and orderly.
- Performs all heavy duty mopping and cleaning.
- Performs general and heavy cleaning duties in offices, patient rooms, clean and soiled utility rooms, laboratories, public areas and stairways, elevators such as washing floors, walls, furniture, beds, etc., with the appropriate hospital approved chemicals.
- Uses ladders and scaffolds as necessary.
- Cleans, washes, polishes and scrubs floors using electric scrubbing machine, wet vacuums and/or buffer.
- Applies floor finish as directed.
- Empties trash chutes and cleans waste containers.
- Advises supervisor of unsanitary, unsafe or otherwise unsatisfactory conditions, and defective or damaged fixtures, furniture or equipment.
- Collects trash and debris in rooms, halls and stairways.
- Removes and compacts general waste and recycling materials. Upon completion of compacting, returns the blade to an in position
- Properly disposes of Bio-Hazard waste.
- Moves all heavy furniture and equipment.
- Cleans rolling stock, furniture, hospital equipment and related items.
- Strips, refinishes, and/or shampoos all types of floor surfaces and coverings.
- Transports hospital property from area to area or building to building.
- Properly utilize the Bed Tracking Program.
- Log into the computer at the start of the shift.
- Upon commencement of the cleaning process, move the "dirty bed", "clean next", or a "stat bed" and move it to the "In Progress" category.
- Once completed, move the bed into the "Bed Ready" category.
- Log out at the end of the shift.
- Return all keys and pagers.
- Overall knowledge of equipment and cleaning solutions is necessary as well as rigid adherence to established housekeeping standards, requires neatness of dress and grooming plus friendly, cooperative attitude toward others.
This position is full-time, 80 hours per pay period, evening shift, 3:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., with alternating weekends and holidays.
- Sufficient to understand oral instructions.
- Sufficient knowledge to gain overall knowledge of cleaning equipment, methods, and solutions.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing OpportunitiesSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More