Hospitality Agent- PH Nutrition and Food Services (Multi-Faceted Role), Part-time, Days/EveningsLocation Palos Heights, Illinois Business Unit Palos Hospital Job REQID 78127 Job Function Housekeeping Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
View this video to learn more from the heroes that work at Northwestern Medicine.
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Hospitality Agent reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Hospitality Agent is responsible for assisting patients with meal selections. The Hospitality Agent interacts with patients, family members and hospital staff in a professional, cooperative and courteous manner in order to maximize customer satisfaction. Performs other inherent duties related to but not limited to the following.
- Demonstrates model behavior for customer service and CARE standards of performance.
- Projects a customer friendly image when dealing with all internal and external parties.
- Utilizes AIDET® Communication System: Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, Thank You.
- Is attentive to the needs of visitors and family members providing directions and assistance as needed.
- Promotes a spirit of cooperation and a positive work environment.
- Maintains appropriate communicates with co-workers and supervisors.
- Assist with Departmental Emergency Operation Procedures (DEOP).
- Complies with established guidelines regarding patient confidentiality and HIPPA standards.
- Completes work duties in compliance with patient safety standards.
- Complies with established hand washing and infection control procedures for patient care.
- Works in conjunction with departmental leadership to continuously promote departmental improvements and enhance the quality of patient services.
- Adheres to current job routines and work flows as established by departmental leadership.
- Provides flexibility in scheduling and departmental coverage.
- Exhibits respect to departmental leadership and receptive to input on improving job performance.
- Reports any unsafe conditions or equipment to departmental supervisor.
- Responsible for proper use of PCH assets including inventory and department equipment.
- Demonstrates proper operation and maintenance of equipment and reports any malfunctions or service issues.
- Follows quality assurance guidelines as established by the Hospitality Management.
- Responsible for department protocol and recording of designated temperatures for safe food handling.
- Maintains appropriate food temperature control ensuring safe food handling.
- Ensure that all food products are within the acceptable date range.
- Assures that food provided meets the quality standards of taste, texture and appearance.
- Reports customer feedback and action taken to Hospitality Management.
- Complies with the proper dress code.
- Responsible for the overall department performance standards being met for services to patients and staff.
- Keeps work area clean, organized and safe.
- Assists in the training of employees as assigned under the guidance of departmental supervisor.
CALL CENTER DUTIES:
- Accurately takes patient meal selections utilizing the computer system. Assures menu is in accordance with prescribed diet, adjusts menu selections accordingly and explains needed menu changes to patient.
- Accurately processes patient menus in compliance with the physician’s prescribed nutrition order taking into consideration food allergies, food preferences, fluid restrictions, NPO status, diet order changes, etc.
- Provides explanation to patients on therapeutic diet restrictions including appropriate carbohydrate servings, sodium limitations, consistency restrictions, etc.
- Interacts positively and professionally with the nursing staff to clarify and resolve issues regarding patient diet orders and meal selections.
- Visiting assigned patients for menu selection
- Processes guest tray orders.
- Processes patient transfers and diet changes.
- Updates computer system with accurate patient information including food allergies, food preferences, special services, calorie counts, nurse notify, room service non-eligible, etc.
- Prepares nourishment list and patient labels to be sent to patients at in-between meal times.
- Processes downtime nutrition orders when necessary due computer system downtime.
- Reviews posted updates and adjust work flows as new procedures and changes are implemented.
- Provides suggestions for improvements in work flows and menu improvements to supervisor.
- Assists with the proper maintenance of computers, monitors and printers making referrals to the Information System Department as indicated.
- Assists with nurse notify patients as needed.
- Processes Home Delivered Meal.
- Prepares tube feeding reports.
- Provides outstanding customer service to patients, family members, visitors, coworkers and hospital staff.
- Maintains positive and effective communicates with the dietitians regarding nutrition referrals; patient requiring nutrition intervention, education; patients with special nutrition needs including allergies, food intolerances, and unusual diet orders.
- Remains calm and focused during periods of high volume.
- Reports identified problems, unsafe work conditions and interpersonal conflicts requiring intervention to supervisor.
- Assists coworkers in completion of job duties as indicated by workload.
- High school graduate required.
- Must be able to communicate verbally, to read and write English in order to understand job routines, expectations, therapeutic diets, menus and duties associated with completion of work routines and responsibilities.
- Must be able to accurately complete basic mathematical calculations when working with menus regarding fluid restrictions and carbohydrate allowances.
- Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) / National Restaurant Association Food Handlers Certification required.
- Some college work in nutrition, culinary arts or hospitality preferred.
- Previous experience in food service preferred.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs