Electrician PH Electrical Casual DaysLocation Palos Heights, Illinois Business Unit Palos Hospital Job REQID 96621 Job Function Facilities/Maintenance Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
View this video to learn more from the heroes that work at Northwestern Medicine.
The Electrician reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Under general supervision of the Electrical Supervisor, provides for the electrical maintenance needs of the hospital and satellite facilities, including the support of the electrical distribution, fire detection, and security alarm systems.
- Inspects and repairs dietary equipment including toasters, coffee makers, food warmers, serving carts, ovens, grills, dishwashers, garbage disposer, etc.
- Inspects and repairs housekeeping appliances including floor washers, vacuum cleaners, etc.
- Maintains proper operation of televisions and physician's registry monitors.
- Installs and repairs electrical light fixtures, ballasts, exit fixtures, switches, and receptacles.
- Installs and repairs wall clocks and time clock readers.
- Installs conduit and wiring for various projects.
- Inspects and repairs overhead surgical and exam lighting, florescent lighting fixtures, all outdoor lights, garage lights, and illuminated sign lights.
- Perform incoming inspections and electrical safety tests for non-clinical equipment and appliances.
- Installation and maintenance of telephone and data cabling, under the direction of the manager of Communications.
- Maintains all CCTV and MATV equipment and wiring.
- Maintains all electrically operated parking lot gates, fence gates, and automatic doors.
- Maintains physician registry and music/paging system.
- Maintains, repairs, and replaces magnetic contactors, large and small switchgears, circuit breaker panels, motor control centers, transfer switches, and any other parts of the main distribution system.
- Repairs and replaces all electrical control and motor wiring of voltages up to 600 volts.
- Performs safety testing of all switchgear motor control centers and circuit panels with voltages of 120/208 - 277/480.
- Understands and safely operates medium voltage switchgear and can verify proper operation.
- Performs repairs and testing of all fire detection systems.
- Performs monthly testing of hospital generators under load.
- Maintains all security alarm, magnetic locks, psych alarms, and keycard access systems.
- Studies blueprints and diagrams to ascertain layout, location and specifications of items to be installed.
- Performs other inherent duties related, but not limited to the above.
- Integrates the basic philosophy of the Palos CARE Program in daily work practices, including a strong customer service focus.
This position is casual, non-benefited, day shift, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, with occasional weekends and overtime will be required. This position will also require vacation coverage and rotating shifts when needed.
High School or trade school graduate or completed accredited electrical apprenticeship program.
Three (3) years of experience in electrical maintenance or electrical construction.
Must have thorough knowledge of electricity and electrical safety procedures and codes.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs