Ambulatory Coding Associate - Clinical Documentation - Full-time, DaysLocation Palos Heights, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 24251 Job Function Health Information Management Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Coding Associate reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Coding Associate is an entry-level position that is focused on Specimen (HL) outpatient visit types coding diagnosis from paper-order/requisitions. The scope is limited to ICD-10 diagnoses coding and understand of accurate physician orders/requisitions. This role is responsible for following ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, Coding Clinics, interprets ICD-10-CM coding conventions and instructional notes to select appropriate diagnoses.
- Utilizes technical coding expertise to assign appropriate ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to Specimen (HL) outpatient visit types
- Primary focus of this level will be on physician order/requisition documentation for focused outpatient lab/ pathology services visit types
- Reviews all available scanned documentation to report appropriate diagnoses
- Minimum of 95% accuracy
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a professional acute care setting or physician office
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Associate General Counsel, Full-Time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Practice Specialist Nurse - Critical Care/ICU Huntley, Full-time, Day Huntley, Illinois
- Staff Nurse Inpatient - Marianjoy, 3 East, $3,000 Sign on Bonus, Full Time Evenings Wheaton, Illinois
- Patient Care Tech - Marianjoy, $2,000 Sign on Bonus, Full Time Days Wheaton, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs