008244 Housekeeping Assistant I Full-Time, DaysLocation Palos Heights, Illinois Business Unit Palos Hospital Job REQID 61493 Job Function Housekeeping Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Housekeeping Assistant I reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Working under general supervision of an Environmental Services supervisor, cleans and services assigned areas throughout the hospital's buildings.
- Vacuums carpeted surfaces and damp mops hard surface floors.
- Cleans window sills, handrails and doors, spot cleans walls, empties wastebaskets in patient rooms.
- Wipe down and arranges furniture in patient’s rooms, bathrooms, offices, clean and soiled utility rooms, waiting and other public areas as assigned.
- Cleans bath tubs, sinks, mirrors, toilets and replaces supplies as required.
- Strips unit upon discharge, terminally cleans patient room and prepares for admission. This includes the use of a tent card and toilet seat strip.
- Cleans blood and body fluids.
- While generally assigned to a specific area, may be dispatched to other areas as needs dictates.
- Maintains and cleans equipment. Upon completion, returns equipment to assigned location (i.e. equipment room, janitor’s closet). Keeps janitor’s closet and storage area neat and orderly.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Advises supervisor of unsanitary or otherwise unsatisfactory conditions and defective or damaged fixtures or equipment.
- Collects trash and debris in rooms, halls and stairways.
- Cleans rolling stock, furniture, hospital equipment, and related items.
- Properly utilize the Bed Tracking software system. Log into the computer at the start of the shift. Upon commencement of the cleaning process move the “dirty bed”, “clean next” bed or a “stat bed” and place it into the “In Progress” Category. Once completed move the bed into the “bed ready” category. Log out at the end of the shift.
- Return all keys and pagers.
- Sufficient to understand oral instructions.
- This is an entry position. Prior cleaning experience helpful, but not essential.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Film File Clerk - Mammography, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Labor & Delivery, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant I - PH Housekeeping - Discharge Team, Full-Time, Evenings Palos Heights, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant II - Support Services Environmental, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs