Physician: Gynecologic Oncology - Orland Park, IL and Warrenville, ILLocation Orland Park, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID REF34155U Job Function Physician Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Northwestern Medicine has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced gynecologic oncologist with interest in program leadership in a tertiary care community-based setting. Northwestern Medicine Group (NMG) is seeking a BE/BC physician who is fellowship trained in gynecologic oncology and is interested in focusing practice in leading and expanding a strong community-based program. The current program is offering patients’ access to cutting edge minimally invasive and radical surgery, chemotherapy, clinical trials, as well as complex benign gynecology, preinvasive and high-risk screening, survivorship, sexual health and life style-focused clinics. Experience with and interest in clinical research, clinical trials through pharma and cooperative groups, and outcomes-based research would be welcomed. Advanced laparoscopic and robotic skills are strongly preferred. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in expanding a gynecologic oncology program in the southern and western suburbs of Chicago, and will join the medical staff at Northwestern Medicine’s Palos, Central DuPage, and Delnor Hospitals.
The role is supported by the following gynecologic oncology program infrastructure:
- Join experienced gynecologic oncologists and a multidisciplinary team that includes radiation oncologists and pathologists with subspecialty interest and experience
- Team also includes interventional radiologists, hematologists, surgical oncologists, thoracic and breast surgeons, general surgeons, urologists and urogynecologists as frequent collaborators
- Primary clinics are located in Orland Park and Warrenville, IL
- Hospital Privileges at NM Palos, Central Dupage, and Delnor Hospitals
- Cancer program has dedicated palliative medicine specialists and support staff including GYO nurse navigator, genetic counselors, dietitians, social workers, financial counselors, physical therapists, pelvic floor and lymphedema specialists, and access to Living Well Cancer Resource Center
- Committed inpatient and outpatient physician assistant and nurse practitioner support
- Multidisciplinary GYO tumor board that meets weekly with teleconferencing between all NM cancer centers, including Prentice Women’s Hospital in downtown Chicago
- Dedicated surgical ICU, with 24/7 intensivists and 24/7 hospitalists at all hospital locations.
- Advanced technology at NM Palos Hospital includes 3 Xi daVinci robots, one Sp daVinci robot, PET/CT, 640-slide CT scanners
- Advanced technology at NM Central Dupage Hospital includes 2 Xi daVinci robots, PET/CT, 640-slice CT scanners
- NM Central Dupage Cancer Center campus includes Chicago Proton Center (only proton center in Illinois)
- Access and opportunity to participate in cooperative group and industry-sponsored clinical trials
- Clinical appointment available at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
BE/BC Fellowship trained in gynecologic oncology
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing OpportunitiesSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More