Admin Operations Coordinator - Float, OB/GYN, Full-time, DaysNaperville, Illinois Job REQID 7389 Job Function Administrative Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Operations Coordinator, Physician Off NMRMGreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Supervise and direct the offices front-line clerical staff.
- Travel to all pratice sites
- Works under the supervision of the practice admin
- Participate in interviewing, hiring, training, progressive discipline, dismissals, and performance appraisals.
- Oversee and direct day to day office operations within budget guidelines.
- Manage providers schedules with templates and optimize patient care hours to enhance productivity.
- Schedule staff and allocate resources across hours of operation to maximize patient access and satisfaction, provider productivity and efficiency, and staff productivity.
- Conduct timely and accurate cash management duties, including overseeing the collection of co-pays and patient balances, in-house cash balances, and bank deposits.
- Ensure that service excellence is delivered and perform service recovery whenever necessary.
- Manage office supplies within budget.
- Ensure accuracy of all data collection and data entry by site staff through training and compliance monitoring and facilitate and oversee flow of information to and from central administrative offices.
- Participate in leading practice staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Attend and actively participate in manager/supervisor meetings.
- Ensure that patient dignity and confidentiality are maintained at all times.
- Review and approve automated time reports for accuracy.
- Develop tools to support staff and enhance efficiency.
- Provide input into staff performance reviews. May participate with manager in conducting staff performance reviews.
- Provide one to one coaching and mentoring.
- Plan, execute and resolve all routine technical needs of the practice (phone, copiers, fax machines, PCs, etc.).
- Monitor daily transaction activity to ensure compliance with procedures.
- Resolve complex or critical situations involving patients, staff and customers: consults with manager for guidance as needed (e.g., complaints, discipline, etc.).
- Schedule staff and allocate resources across hours of operation to maximize patient access and satisfaction, provider productivity and efficiency, staff productivity, cost-savings, and operational efficiencies.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as needed to support the practice.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three years of work experience in a medical or related business.
- Comprehension of insurance plans including HMO, PPO, POS, commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid.
- Solid understanding of patient flow in a medical office.
- Working knowledge of medical software, Word and Excel.
- Experience managing daily cash activity and reconciling income reports with daily payments.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding.
- Leadership experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Financial Analyst - Contract Systems and Audit, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- EVS Tech Lead - CDH, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Obstetrics, Registry, Rotating - $500 Sign-on Bonus Sandwich, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Regional Management Group- Rheumatology- Full-time- Days- $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Geneva, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs