Immediate Care Technician- Immediate Care Clinic-RMG, Part-time, DaysLocation Mokena, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 59760 Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
View this video to learn more from the heroes that work at Northwestern Medicine.
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Immediate Care Technician reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Immediate Care Technician supports physicians (MD) and advance practice providers (APP) by facilitating patient flow, assisting with various patient care activities, and performing related administrative functions. This role is responsible for ensuring efficient patient flow, maintaining neat, clean and safe patient care areas, promoting patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner, and safeguarding patient confidentiality.
- Assures efficient patient flow through the site:
- Escorts patient to exam room, identifies patient with 2 identifiers and prepares patient for examination.
- Obtains accurate vital signs, per organization standards.
- Documents reason for visit and updates/confirms, allergies, smoking history and pharmacy information.
- Promptly informs the MD/APP of any significant change in vital signs or acute symptoms.
- Anticipates/sets up equipment or supplies needed for visit.
- Cleans and prepares exam room for next patient.
- Responds to needs to expedite visits and maintain flow of patients and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Assists with referrals, transfers and discharge processes.
- Assists MD/APP with medical and surgical procedures in accordance with established protocols such as:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG), venipuncture, immunizations, setting up procedure trays, specimen. collection and/or Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) waived testing, wound care, splinting, as directed by MD/APP.
- Call-in or electronically send prescriptions as directed by the MD/APP.
- Provides high quality care by:
- Prepares and stocks all exam rooms in treatment area by following established protocols for disinfecting and sterilizing equipment and instruments.
- Participates in environmental safety rounds.
- Maintains vaccine/medication inventory.
- Ensures medication cabinets are locked appropriately.
- Monitors and maintains equipment and instruments according to clinic guidelines.
- Assists in ordering supplies and correctly disposes of all expired items.
- Adheres to office opening and closing procedures.
- Functions as an integral part of the patient care team and promotes patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner:
- Interacts in a professional, cooperative manner with other practice staff.
- Accepts and performs delegated responsibilities in a positive manner.
- Offers assistance to others.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings.
- Communicates appropriately and effectively with patients and patient care team (in the office and on the phone).
- Performs delegated procedures common to the specialty area in a safe, effective, and efficient manner (see specialty practice addendum).
- Float to all Immediate Care Clinics/Departments.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Current certification as either a:
- Medical Assistant:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) through American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) OR
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through American Medical Technologists (AMT) OR
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) OR
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic, or Emergency Medical Technician – Basic (National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians) certification
- Certification required upon hire.
- Medical Assistant:
- Basic Life Support (American Heart Association) certification.
- Completion of pre-employment competency exam.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience with electronic medical record.
- College degree or interest in health care field.
- One to two years of ambulatory care experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs