Surgical Assistant-Cardiovascular Surgery McHenry Full Time DaysLocation McHenry, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 105552 Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
**This is a Full Time, salaried position at 40 hours per week in McHenry OR for Cardiovascular Surgery. Position is four 10 hour shifts plus on-call rotation (arrival within 30 minutes) and two or more years in Cardiovascular Surgery is preferred.**
The Surgical Assistant reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Positioning the patient for the surgical procedure.
- Providing visualization of the operative site.
- Utilizing appropriate techniques to assist with permanent and temporary hemostasis.
- Participating in volume replacement or autotransfusion techniques as appropriate.
- Utilizing appropriate techniques to assist with closure of body planes.
- Selecting and applying appropriate wound dressings.
- Providing assistance in securing drainage systems to tissue.
- Duties that are expressly prohibited for the Surgical Assistant:
- Performance of medical history, physical examination and/or psychosocial assessments.
- Diagnosis and treatment of medical problems.
- Development of plan of care for the patient.
- Ordering of diagnostic testing and procedures.
- Ordering prescriptions.
- Current Illinois Registration as a Surgical Assistant.
- Current Certification by the National Surgical Assistant Association on the Certification of Surgical Assistants.
- Broad based knowledge of advanced concepts in operating room practices and a minimum of 1-3 years of operating room experience.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support CPR card.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs