Risk Manager, Full-Time, DaysLocation McHenry, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 11007 Job Function Management-Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Risk Managerreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Responsible for managing all aspects of clinical risk management for the local region and general risk management for NMHC at the direction of the Director of Risk Management or Regional Manager where applicable. Administers the risk management program on a day-to-day basis, identifying, analyzing, and managing potentially compensable events, managing and analyzing risk management data, conducting risk management educational programs, performing risk assessments, and complying with risk management related standards required by The Joint Commission, CMS, and other relevant agencies with the objective of improving patient safety.
- Provide complete and integrated clinical risk management services for regional NMHC entities.
- Identify, investigate, and manage all incidents (includes management of incident reporting system, stabilization of environment, disclosure and documentation advice, evidence retrieval, record analysis, interviews, research, billing management, staff support, and follow-up).
- Assist department heads and clinical chairs in designing risk management programs and policies within their departments.
- Provide 24/7 risk management consultative services to physicians, management, and staff.
- Conduct, coordinate, facilitate, and participate in quality committees and process improvement efforts such as the Clinical Care Evaluation Committee, root cause analysis, and failure mode effect analysis.
- Participate in proactive risk management activities such as risk management rounds, risk assessments, program/policy evaluations.
- Conduct system analyses to identify and improve patterns/behaviors that do not meet risk management best practice and could result in increased liability exposure
- Develop and conduct educational presentations on clinical and general risk management to physicians and employees.
- Monitor, manage, and analyze risk management data collected through the incident reporting system (includes identification and tracking of incident trends, monitoring and addressing compliance with incident reporting policy, identification of system issues, and development and implementation of process improvements).
- Manage, advise, and direct Patient Representatives, physicians, and staff to resolve significant patient complaints.
- Identify and report those occurrences as required by the Safe Medical Devices Act.
- Work closely with legal and quality/patient safety staff to assure alignment and advance shared goals
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer and data management skills
- 0-3 years healthcare risk management experience
- 5+ years relevant clinical or legal experience
- Clinical/professional training (RN, JD, or other)
- Advanced degree (JD, Masters in Health Law, MBA, etc.)
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management, CPHRM
- 3-5 years healthcare risk management experience
- Risk management, quality, and/or patient safety experience in an academic medical center environment
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Case Manager RN/Woodstock-Full-time, Day Woodstock, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Medical Surgical/Onconolgy-McHenry-Full-time, Nights McHenry, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Emergency/Huntley-Full-time, Night Huntley, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Allergy and ENT- Full-time- Days Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs