Quality Measures Specialist, Full-time, DaysLocation McHenry, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 33269 Job Function Quality/Business Development/Process Improvement Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Quality Measures Specialist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Facilitates communication of information to appropriate leadership and staff to improve the management of patient care and services.
- Works collaboratively with Clinical Quality Leaders (CQLs) to determine physician and nurse educational/training needs to improve quality metrics.
- Works closely with clinicians and Clinical Documentation to facilitate efficient and accurate documentation and associated process improvements for nursing and physician workflow to reduce the burden of data recording in electronic medical record to improve compliance with publicly reported measures.
- Proactively identifies patterns or trends in patient care and documentation and outlier analysis, then following through with CQLs and clinical/operational leaders to develop solutions.
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of quality data submissions.
- Identifies patients for inclusion in quality improvement measurements.
- Collects data through the effective utilization of the hospital medical record system.
- Performs accurate and timely entry of data into applicable computer applications.
- Provides feedback and performance reports to CQLs, process owners and other clinical leadership.
- Remains knowledgeable of modifications to measurements by external organizations and works with management to apply the modifications appropriately.
- Attends quality management or process improvement meetings as indicated.
- Works with members of quality teams to facilitate improvements.
- Other responsibilities as designated in support of organizational priorities.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of clinical or abstracting experience.
- Computer and Internet skills and experience with MS Office products.
- Ability to review data/documents for accuracy and consistency.
- Accept and learn from constructive criticism, make decisions with limited information, stay abreast of changes made by regulatory organizations to maintain compliance.
- Strong personal computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot software and system issues.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Able to work independently and with a team.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing with a minimum of 5 years experience.
- Quality improvement or patient safety knowledge and experience.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with EPIC.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Immediate Care Physician - South Suburbs (Orland Park) Orland Park, Illinois
- Endoscopy Tech- Full Time, Days Geneva, Illinois
- Occupational Therapist- Part Time, Days Warrenville, Illinois
- Occupational Therapist- Casual, Rotating Shifts Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs