Program Manager - Stroke Program, Full-time, DaysLocation McHenry, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 12071 Job Function Management-Healthcare Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Program Manager - Stroke Program reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position supports the Stroke Program and is primarily responsible for duties in support of and in compliance with The Joint Commission, other licensing accreditation bodies and performance improvement plans.
Responsibilities include patient guidance, education and follow up for our stroke patients along with data analysis, continuous quality improvement, patient satisfaction initiatives and community outreach.
- Performs daily audits for regulatory compliance for all stroke measures, quality measures and collaborates with appropriate services to ensure success
- Monitors stroke care from ED admission through patient discharge or transfer
- Prepares fallout reports and sends to unit managers for analysis
- Updates stroke dashboard monthly in collaboration with Neuroscience Quality Coordinator
- Identifies barriers to effective processes in the care of stroke patients and works with various members of the stroke team and ancillary departments to ensure resolution
- Provides stroke patient education within the hospital
- Develops and provides staff and community education on specified stroke topics
- Performs patient follow up phone calls
- Leads and/or participates in performance improvement projects
- Leads and/or participates in all stroke committees
- Prepares for and participates in The Joint Commission disease specific certification reviews including submission of applications, performance improvement plans, intra-cycle and on-site certification review.
- 5 years of experience
- BSN in nursing within 12 months
- Licensed RN
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience with stroke/neuro patients
- Familiarity with The Joint Commission Disease Specific Certification
- BLS within 30 days of hire
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Medical Care Center, Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - CDH Surgical Care Unit (Post Operative Care Unit), Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-o Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Mother/Baby) Full Time, Nights Lake Forest, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Observation) Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs