Patient Care Tech - McHenry Float Pool, Part Time, NightsLocation McHenry, Illinois Business Unit McHenry Hospital Job REQID 61973 Job Function Patient Support Shift Night Job (3rd) Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is 16.5 Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Nursing Float Pool Patient Care Technician reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Under the direction and supervision of the registered nurse, provides direct patient care and, at times, direct continuous safety observation of assigned patients to promote the physical, personal, emotional and hygienic needs of patients assigned as appropriate per unit/facility.
- Provides direct patient care under the supervision of the registered nurse.
- Duties may include, but are not limited to: activities of daily living, observations, assisting patients with personal hygiene/toileting needs, reporting to the registered nurse, feeding/assisting with feeding the patient, monitoring and recording vital signs, turning and repositioning bed ridden patients, transporting patients, making sure patient rooms are clean, tidy, and stocked with supplies, and other general patient care duties as directed by the registered nurse. -
- Provides continuous safety observation, either in-person or via continuous video monitoring, of patients identified to be at risk for causing injury to him/herself or to others.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: offering basic comfort measures to help the patient relax and addressing the emotional needs of specific patients served, including the use of encouragement, distraction, coping strategies, cognitive stimulation activities, and de-escalation techniques within the scope of this role as appropriate.
- Remotely monitors up to 9 patients via continuous video monitoring. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: providing effective verbal redirection of designated remote continuous observation patients from engaging in risk behaviors and summoning appropriate staff via communication device/STAT Alert Alarm when appropriate.
- Components of this equipment include, but are not limited to: 2-way audio with microphone and headset, STAT Alert Alarm, mobile video monitors, and a centralized monitoring station.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Healthcare Provider BLS (CPR) Certification
- CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) Certification or have completed one year of clinical practicum in a hospital setting via a certified nursing program.
- CPI Certification within 90 days of hire
- Proficient computer and technology skills
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize workflow under various circumstances
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Flexibility to work in a variety of acute care environments upon little notice
- Excellent communication skills
- Physical ability to perform functional requirements as detailed.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs