Pathology Physician - Huntley, McHenry and WoodstockMcHenry, Illinois Job REQID REF11189G Job Function Physician Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
Northwestern Medicine is a growing, nationally recognized health system that provides world-class care at 10 hospitals and more than 200 locations in communities throughout Chicago, the suburbs and northern Illinois. Together with Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, we are pushing boundaries in our research labs, training the next generation of physicians and scientists, and pursuing excellence in patient care.
We value building relationships with our patients and their families, listening to their unique needs while providing individualized primary, specialty and hospital-based care. Our recent affiliations and ongoing growth make it possible for us to serve more patients, closer to where they live and work. While each of our locations has a unique story, Northwestern Medicine is unified under one mission – Patients First.
Northwestern Medical Group is actively recruiting a full-time pathologist to join our forward-thinking, community-based practice. This is an outstanding opportunity to build your career with the premier healthcare system in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will possess a strong commitment to community-focused clinical excellence and patient experience. This position is a full-time clinical FTE with a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
- Full-time employed position with Northwestern Medical Group with hospital privileges at Northwestern Medicine Huntley, McHenry and Woodstock hospitals.
- Primary Locations: Huntley, McHenry and Woodstock, Illinois
- Successful and expanding multi-specialty physician group that promotes a collegial work environment, physician success and compassionate care
- Physician-led work environment
- EPIC electronic health record system
- Competitive compensation package and excellent benefits
- Treatment of patients at NMG and such hospitals, office locations and health care facilities as may be determined by the President of NMG or his/her designee.
- Maintaining a clinical schedule on such days, such hours, and at such locations as necessary to provide timely and comprehensive medical services to NMG patients.
- Teaching of medical residents, fellows, medical students, nurses and other health care providers as may be required by NMG.
- Providing on-call coverage as reasonably required by NMG.
- Referring patients requiring specialized medical care to those specialists and other health care providers and facilities that are members of NMG's affiliated provider network, provided that such referral does not unreasonably interfere with the patients expressed preference for a different healthcare provider, his/her insurers determination of healthcare provider or the patients best medical interests in Physicians medical judgment.
- Regular participation in practice unit meetings and quality assurance activities.
- Compliance with billing, documentation and related policies, procedures, systems and practices established by NMG as payors with which NMG contracts.
- Performance of such other duties as are consistent with Physician's employment and as may be assigned to Physician by the President or his/her designee from time to time.
AP/CP board certified pathologist with sub specialty training in cytopathology, hematopathology, GI pathology, or breast pathology preferred but not required. General duties include but not limited to: general surgical pathology with frozen sections, cytopathology with immediate FNA assessments, hematopathology (bone narrows and lymph node), AP/CP call, CP medical directorships, administrative, educational and operational committee duties.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Access Specialist, Grayslake, Full - Time Grayslake, Illinois
- Patient Access Specialist- Customer Service, Part-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Neuro Spine ICU, Full-time, Nights Chicago, Illinois
- Operations Coordinator - Supply Chain Logistics Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs