Nurse Practitioner ONLY - Cardiology, Full-time, DaysMcHenry, Illinois Job REQID 3633 Job Function Advanced Practice RN Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Northwestern Medicine has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Nurse Practitioner to work in the Cardiology department in the NWR, clinics in McHenry and Huntley and rounds at the hospitals in McHenry and Huntley. Inpatient rounds and Outpatient clinic 50/50.
Shift: M-F, days; no nights/weekends/holidays/on-call.
The Advanced Practice Nurse/Nurse Practitioner reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Advanced Practice Nurse/Nurse Practitioner (APN/NP) works within the guidelines of a collaborative practice agreement with an active member of the medical staff of Central DuPage Hospital. In partnership with physicians and other health care team members, the APN/NP assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, and evaluates care for a specific patient population based on individual scope of practice. Through the application of evidenced-based decision making, the APN/NP serves as a leader, educator, researcher and clinical mentor to all members of the health care team with the goal of achieving optimal patient outcomes. The APN/NP practices utilizing the scope and standards of practice for the advanced practice nurse as published by the American Nurses' Association. #AdvancedPracticeRegisteredNurse
- Master’s degree from an accredited school/college of nursing
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois/Current license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois. Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse by a national certifying body as approved by the Illinois Department of Regulation APRN Board. Once licensed may apply for a controlled substance license and DEA number
- Privileged and credentialed through the NMH Medical Staff Office (MSO)
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation – BLS, issued by the American Heart Association
- Minimum of one (1) year of cardiology experience as an APRN
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Nurse Practitioner ONLY - Psychiatry (Psychiatric), Full-time, Days DeKalb, Illinois
- Outpatient Nurse - Cardiac Lab, Part-time, Rotating Shifts DeKalb, Illinois
- Monitor Tech - Telemetry, Full-time, Rotating Shifts DeKalb, Illinois
- Charge Nurse - ICU, Full-time, Days DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs