New Graduate-Cardiac Neuro-Part-time, DaysLocation McHenry, Illinois Business Unit McHenry Hospital Job REQID 25158 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The RN Staff Nurse - New Grad reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Assesses the healthcare needs of patients/families by completing a physical and psychosocial assessment of patient/family condition. Includes pertinent data in assessment.
- Demonstrates knowledge regarding the biological, psychosocial, ethnic and religious needs of the patient population, in addition to the age-specific learning needs, and incorporates those needs into the individualized plan of care.
- Analyzes assessment data to determine potential nursing diagnoses/patient problems.
- Collaborates with patients/families, nursing care team, and multidisciplinary team to identify expected outcomes/goals of care for each patient and contributes to care planning to achieve individualized patient goals.
- Recognizes patient/family as an integral member of the healthcare team.
- Implements the identified plan of care by providing evidence-based interventions.
- Coordinates patient care for assigned patient load seeking assistance in the planning and implementation phase as needed resulting in satisfactory outcomes.
- Identifies elements of care that are appropriate to delegate to unlicensed assistive personnel.
- Coordinates patient care needs, including discharge planning, with appropriate departments.
- Evaluates effectiveness of plan of care by assessing patient/family response to interventions.
- Collaborates with nursing care team and multidisciplinary team to alter plan of care as needed based on patient response.
- Successful completion of required clinical rotations at an accredited college of nursing
- BLS Provider certification from American Heart Association
- Illinois Registered Professional Nursing License
- Physical ability to perform functions of the job, including lifting up to 40 pounds and ability to stand/walk for prolonged period of time
- Analytical skills necessary in order to gather and interpret routine data, maintain patient records, organize workflow and prioritize patient needs
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Some patient care experience as a nursing assistant or similar role
- BSN preferred, ADNhires must agree to complete BSN within 5 years of hire date
- ACLS (specialty areas may define additional certification requirements).
- National certification in area of specialty (ANCC recognized certification)
- Ability to assess patient level and department level needs to prioritize resources to support patient care
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Registered Nurse- PH Perinatal, Casual, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Oncology -Sg4 North - Part-Time, Days - Sign On-Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time Days - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time, Days, - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs