Neurodiagnostic Technician- Neurology, Casual, DaysLocation McHenry, Illinois Business Unit McHenry Hospital Job REQID 26196 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Neurodiagnostic Tech Ireflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position supports the Neurodiagnostics Lab at Central Dupage Hospital and Delnor Hospital and is primarily responsible for performing Electroencephalograms in a variety of settings. The candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written. The Technologist must possess the experience to work independently, the ability to work in a team environment and continuously strive for superior performance.
- Must perform a clinically competent routine electroencephalogram and long term epilepsy/continuous electroencephalograms for neonate through geriatric populations.
- Must be adept at a variety of application processes, including collodion and paste.
- Must pass internal training and show proficiency in the recognition of normal and abnormal waveforms.
- Must be able to work with a variety of age groups and disabilities in an inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Accuracy in charge posting and maintenance of log book.
- Assist Physician with EMG populace.
- Answer phone and schedule patients.
- Keep equipment clean.
- Report any service issues to Lead Technologist/Supervisor.
- At times, will require travel to another hospital to cover shift or assist in heavy workload.
- Rotating call, some weekends and holidays.
- Minimum 10 CEU credits per fiscal year.
- Associate's degree from accredited college or University or graduate of END program accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift and carry 25 pounds on an intermittent basis.
- Able to sit, stand and bend consistently in order to safely administer techniques.
- BLS certificate within 90 days of hire.
- Knowledge of neuroanatomy, physiology, electronics and electrical safety.
- R.EP.T/CLTM within 24 months of hire.
- Minimum of 10 CEU credits per calendar year. \
- Registered Sleep Tech or Nerve Conduction Technologist or five years in related specialties accepted.
- One year experience in END field.
- Previous healthcare experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Telemetry Monitor Technician- Central Telemetry, Full time, Day Shift Chicago, Illinois
- Telemetry Monitor Technician -Central Telemetry, Full time, Day Chicago, Illinois
- Telemetry Monitor Technician-Central Telemetry, Full time, Nights Chicago, Illinois
- Telemetry Monitor Technician- Central Telemetry- Full time, Day shift Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs