Medical Director, Hospital Medicine - McHenry & Huntley HospitalsLocation McHenry, Illinois Job REQID REF15080L Job Function Medical Director Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine (NM), every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Medical Director reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Medical Director will provide leadership responsibility for the quality of the Hospital Medicine program in the NM Northwest Region (NWR), as well as support for other aspects of performance including program growth and development. Together with appropriate others, including NM system leadership, will establish standards of practice to ensure excellence in services throughout the Northwest Region and will continuously evaluate and improve processes supporting the delivery of care.
- Model leadership behaviors in all interactions with colleagues and staff, and demonstrates excellent citizenship by consistently complying with all program requirements.
- In conjunction with Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Northwest Region, and Senior Vice President of Operations, North Region, responsible for formulating the vision, strategy, and objectives of the Northwest Region programs.
- In conjunction with Director of Operations, responsible for integrating, planning, developing, coordinating, directing, and evaluating the activities of the Northwest Region programs.
- Responsible as liaison between Northwestern Medical Group (NMG) physicians and referring medical staff throughout the Northwest Region.
- Champion select development or improvement initiatives, and organize and lead the necessary teams for implementation.
- Promote clinical research activities on local, regional and national levels.
- Assist in the recruitment and onboarding of NMG physicians to practice in the Northwest Region as the need is identified.
- Facilitate the professional growth of fellow physicians and other staff through mentoring, encouragement and support for education and skill development.
- Assist the hospital in cost containment efforts and the development of new clinical protocols to maintain national standards of care.
- The Medical Director shall be qualified by training, experience, interest, and demonstrated current ability, and shall be willing and able to discharge the administrative qualifications of his/her office.
- The Medical Director shall possess administrative, interpersonal, and management skills, excellent clinical judgment and quality assessment skills and a working knowledge of trends in health care management, medical staff issues and economics.
- The Medical Director shall be a practicing physician employed by Northwestern Medical Group and be a member of the Northwestern Medicine Huntley Hospital and McHenry Hospital Medical Staff, with a demonstrated leadership ability and expertise in service line specific services.
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Quality Documentation Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Quality Utilization Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Social Worker (Transitional Care), Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Full-time, Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs