Medical Assistant-Neurosurgery McHenry Full Time Days $2,000 Sign On BonusLocation McHenry, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 91235 Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
**This is a Full Time position at 40 hours per week located at the McHenry clinic. Schedule is Monday through Friday, approximately 8a-5p. One to two days per week may require travel to Huntley clinic.**
The Medical Assistant reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Medical Assistant is a member of the health care team primarily responsible for providing support to physicians, nurses, and other licensed medical staff by facilitating efficient patient flow, assisting with various patient care activities, and performing related administrative functions. The Medical Assistant is responsible for ensuring efficient patient flow through the clinic; maintaining neat, clean and safe patient care areas; promoting patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner; safeguarding patient confidentiality.
- Assures efficient patient flow through the site:
- Escorts patient to exam room, identifies patient with 2 identifiers and prepares patient for examination.
- Obtains accurate vital signs, per organization standards.
- Documents reason for visit and updates/confirms, allergies, smoking history and pharmacy information.
- Promptly informs the provider and registered nurse of any significant change in vital signs or acute symptoms.
- Anticipates/sets up equipment or supplies needed for visit.
- Cleans and prepares exam room for next patient.
- Responds to needs to expedite visits and maintain flow of patients and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Assists practitioner with medical and surgical procedures in accordance with established protocols such as:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG), venipuncture, immunizations, setting up procedure trays, specimen collection and/or Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) waived testing as directed by Provider.
- Provides high quality care by:
- Prepares and stocks all exam rooms in treatment area by following established protocols for disinfecting and sterilizing equipment and instruments.
- Participates in environmental safety rounds.
- Maintains vaccine/medication inventory.
- Monitors and maintains equipment and instruments according to clinic guidelines.
- Assists in ordering supplies and correctly disposes of all expired items.
- Adheres to office opening and closing procedures.
- Functions as an integral part of the patient care team and promotes patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner:
- Accepts and performs delegated responsibilities in a positive manner.
- Offers assistance to others.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings.
- Communicates appropriately and effectively with patients and patient care team (in the office and on the phone)
- Performs delegated procedures common to the specialty area in a safe, effective, and efficient manner (see specialty practice addendum)
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager
- Candidate must have written proof of meeting candidate eligibility requirements for writing one of the five eligible certification exams (AAMA, AMT, NCCT, NHA, NRCMA)
- Accepted documentation:
- New MA Graduates within 6 months from date of graduation from an MA Program must submit: a letter from the school or a letter from the certifying body
- Non-Certified MAs or new graduates past 6 months from date of graduation from an MA program must submit: a letter from the certifying body
- Within first six months of employment, will complete one of the following certifications after up to two test attempts:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) through American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through American Medical Technologists (AMT) or
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) through the National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP)
- High school diploma or GED.
- American Heart Association accredited Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) certification.
- Signed acknowledgement during onboarding that certification must be attained within 6months, as a condition of employment
- Strong computer skills.
- Completion of accredited Medical Assistant training program.
- One to two years of ambulatory care experience.
- Experience with electronic medical record.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing CareersSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More