Manager-Risk Manager Operations, Full-Time, DaysMcHenry, Illinois Job REQID 7104 Job Function Management-Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Manager, Risk Manager Operationsreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Collaborate with Director, CMO, and others to assure provision of complete and integrated clinical risk management services
- Lead the department to collaborate in development of strategic and operational programs in support of the NM strategic plan
- Lead the department to identify clinical and other institutional risk exposure, in collaboration with director and CMO(s). Participate in risk financing and insurance program development.
- Conduct system analysis to identify and drive improvement in patterns/behaviors to meet risk management best practice and reduce liability exposure.
- Provide leadership to department heads and clinical chairs in designing risk management and related programs and policies within their departments to advance patient safety and quality
- Oversee in-service education and training of all NM staff in relation to all aspects of risk management including risk identification and prevention.
- Work closely with risk, legal and quality/safety staff to assure alignment and advance shared goals.
- Creates an environment of partnership, collaboration, seamless quality and service enhancement across teams, departments, and regions within the organization.
- Provide coordination and organization to assure consistent and effective 24/7 risk management consultative, educational, and problem-solving services to physicians, management, and staff
- Assure that incidents, claims and potentially compensable events are reported to appropriate leadership in a timely manner and that investigative findings and recommendations for actions to prevent/resolve problems are forwarded to appropriate personnel and/or implemented in a timely manner.
- Oversee investigations, evidence preservation, and trial preparations and assures completion within the prescribed timeframe.
- Lead efforts to advance comprehensive, effective and patient-centered disclosure policies, practices and expertise
- Lead efforts to assure comprehensive, effective support of staff (employees, attending and house staff) following adverse events.
- Plan and coordinate the activities of the risk managers within the region.
- Monitor the work of the risk managers and personally conduct, coordinate, facilitate, and participate in quality committees and process improvement efforts such as the Clinical Care Evaluation Committees, root cause analysis, and failure mode effect analysis
- Lead proactive risk management activities such as risk management rounds, risk assessments, program/policy evaluations
- Manage, advise, and direct Patient Representatives, physicians, and staff to resolve significant patient complaints
- Recruit, manage, coach, and develop staff to optimal professional effectiveness and engagement
- Mentor, train and orient new Risk Managers and other Risk Management staff
- Design and implement comprehensive data management program and analysis of incidents and other data (includes identification and tracking of incident trends, monitoring and addressing compliance with incident reporting policy, identification of system issues, and development and implementation of process improvements)
- Supervise designated staff to manage the data system for incident reporting and analysis
- Lead efforts to improve and/or replace the data system as needed
- Analyze patterns and makes appropriate recommendations on trends to senior management and clinical areas to improve patient safety.
- Participate in the development, review and revision of hospital policies and procedures that affect risk management and related disciplines.
- As delegated, oversee effective use of budget and other resources
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years of clinical, legal, quality, or patient safety experience
- Minimum 3 years pf healthcare risk management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer and data base management skills
- Must be highly motivated, independent, a critical thinker/problem solver, self-confident, and professional.
- Master's degree, JD or comparable advanced education
- Clinical/professional training (RN, JD, or other)
- Certificate in Health Care Risk Management
- Quality and/or patient safety experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Insurance Verification Representative - Durable Medical Equipment, Full-time, Days McHenry, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (KD) Palatine, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (SR) Carmel, Indiana
- Talent Acquisition Professional- Human Resources, Full-time, Days Warrenville, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs