Cook - Food & Nutrition, Casual, RotatingMcHenry, Illinois Job REQID 8777 Job Function Food Services Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Cook position reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position cooks and prepares hot food for distribution to patients, the cafeteria, and catering services.
- Oversees personnel engaged in processing, decontaminating, sterilizing and delivering a wide variety of patient care items and surgical instruments according to established policies and procedures.
- Prepares food items following standardized recipes and production sheets.
- Adheres to all applicable guidelines, including HACCP, regarding the storage, handling and preparation of food and usage of equipment/supplies.
- Confers with production manager regarding modified diet preparation and use of leftovers.
- Adheres to all applicable guidelines regarding the sanitation and maintenance of work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school degree
- Prior cooking experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Insurance Verification Representative - Durable Medical Equipment, Full-time, Days McHenry, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (KD) Palatine, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (SR) Carmel, Indiana
- Talent Acquisition Professional- Human Resources, Full-time, Days Warrenville, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs