Clinical Shift Coordinator-Cardio Vascular-Open Heart Program-Full-time, DayLocation McHenry, Illinois Business Unit McHenry Hospital Job REQID 23327 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Day Job (1st) Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is 28 Apply Now
The Clinical Shift Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Clinical Shift Coordinator is a clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who prescribes, delegates and coordinates nursing care to the hospitalized patient through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation.
- Effectively interacts with patient, significant others, and other health team members, while maintaining ANA standards of professional nursing practice. This nurse functions in a leadership, overseeing daily unit operations, staff, and care delivery, utilizing a staff focused leadership model.
- Actively supports Nursing Administration and Department Management initiatives
- Coordinates the needs of service-specific physician within each team
- Communicates effectively and timely with team members, Leadership, and Physicians
- Functions under the guidelines of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act, supports and complies with the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures
- Collaborates with support services to provide the patient with a safe, clean and secure environment.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with policies and procedures; intervenes with proper techniques, procedure and safety precautions to meet the individual needs of the patient
- Recognizes emergency situations and is familiar with emergency equipment
- Responsible for team assignments on a daily basis in regard to case assignments
- Accountable for procurement and troubleshooting of equipment, instrumentation, supplies and case carts
- Serves as a clinical resource for the specialty
- Accountable for cost containment and standardization in relation to products, par levels, and staff productivity
- Accountable for the orientation process in specialty.
- Accountable for the education and competency in relation to new procedures and/or equipment.
- Attends specialty-specific in-services or seminars to maintain competency and promote professional growth
- Assists Management Team with education, leadership and clinical activities as designated.
- Accountable for ongoing performance management and annual review for team members within the parameters set by the Department Manager.
- Is knowledgeable about growth and development needs across the life span.
- Adjusts the individualized plan of care to meet the patients age-specific learning needs.
- Skills competencies for assigned age group are completed.
- Assesses data accurately in terms of patients status and age-specific needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Licensed in Illinois as a Registered Nurse
- AHA BLS Certification
- ACLS Certification as needed per specialty
- 3 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited school of Nursing
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs