Administrative Specialist- Outpatient Oncology, Full-Time, DaysLocation McHenry, Illinois Business Unit McHenry Hospital Job REQID 22730 Job Function Administrative Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Monday-Friday, varied day shifts.
The Administrative Specialistreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Administrative Specialist is responsible for managing the increased flow of daily mental health patients, greeting and directing patients, completing Epic scheduling and check in processes, and updating census documents and case load reports. This position also provides physician support and auditing and tracking reports for management.
- Serves as first point of contact and triages all incoming calls.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, adaptive to change, and handle stressful situations in a mature, professional manner.
- Protects behavioral patient privacy at all times, verbally and physically, by checking for release of information before confirming a patient’s presence, securing work station and paper records, and using patient first names only.
- Adheres to answer time metrics to ensure calls are being answered in a timely manner.
- Able to handle high volume of incoming and simultaneous calls.
- Greets all intake patients appropriately, processes intake paperwork efficiently and routinely keeps patients informed regarding expected appointment delays through patient rounding.
- Updates Intake appointment schedule (Protocall) by collaboration with Intake department in order to maintain the integrity of the schedule in order to support departmental efficiency.
- Works closely with Intake and support staff to communicate cancellations and changes.
- Registers patients efficiently and accurately within Epic.
- Accurately communicates with patients (and family members when appropriate) including explanation of benefits, NWM policies for deposits and discounts, and financial aid.
Revenue cycle support:
- Compiles daily case load report for leadership staff to ensure optimal staffing and productivity.
- Tracks departmental outcomes for patient improvement.
- Audits charts for key information and provides reports to management staff, ensuring compliance with JCAHO requirements.
Departmental Productivity Support:
- Completes special assignments and projects while consistently meeting targets, timetables and deadlines while coordinating clerical work for the department.
- Shows proficiency in covering for all support positions.
- Attends staff meetings and contributes to department process improvement
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an office or customer service experience in a health care setting
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Previous experience working in a behavioral health treatment environment
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Excellent communication skills, ability to prioritize work flow continuously and multitask efficiently
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Operating Room Nurse - CDH Ambulatory Surgery, Full-time, Days (M-F no holidays no weekends) Warrenville, Illinois
- Registered Nurse Hiring Blitz - Delnor, Central DuPage and Marianjoy Hospitals Geneva, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Part-time, Days (ED) Elgin, Illinois
- Masters Prepared Case Therapist I, Full-time- Days $1,000 Sign-on DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs