Phlebotomy Client Office Training Specialist - HealthLab, Full Time, Days - (MS)Location Libertyville, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 46193 Job Function Laboratory Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
***This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position. Must be able to work Monday through Friday 8am to 5:30pm and weekends as needed. Flexibility with hours is needed for clients who may start earlier or stay later than the posted hours. Must be comfortable driving to client sites in various areas of the North Chicago Suburbs.***
The Client Office Training Specialist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Performs phlebotomy and other lab specimen collections per age related standards.
- Provides appropriate post-phlebotomy patient care.
- Provides training on all aspects of client office procedures.
- Is onsite and available for the implementation of new accounts.
- Reviews/Records refrigerator temperature(s) and QC/QA records.
- Areas of concern are recorded through the Corrective Action Log and reported to maintenance for repair.
- Findings are reported to supervisor or manager.
- Use manual requisitions and labels specimens appropriately.
- Label and process specimens according to establishes protocols and policies.
- Must effectively procure blood specimens from infant, adult, geriatric, and wheelchair bound patients.
- Must demonstrate competency for age related responsibilities.
- Understands the operation and maintenance of equipment pertinent to the job.
- Follows up with all outstanding orders on manifest log, and communicates all timed, completed or uncompleted draws/charges/results to the client office staff and performs other duties as assigned.
- Requests/obtains written physician orders with all required information necessary for lab services requested and accurately orders laboratory tests in computer system(s).
- Presents a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and appearance while providing a service to client offices.
- Prioritizes tasks and is able to multi-task.
- Performs and collects phlebotomy specimens within cost and maintains efforts of a less than 2 percent recollection or cancellation rate.
- Follows TJC National Patient Safety goals in regard to two patient identifiers and handwashing.
- Provides accurate information and timely updates to patients and customers.
- Addresses questions and concerns promptly, or identifies appropriate person or recourse to do so.
- Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers within and across departments.
- Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions and styles and acknowledges the assistance and contributions of others.
- Uses organizational and unit/department resources efficiently.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Participates in efforts to reduce costs, streamline work processes and improve and grow services we provide.
- Communicates and notifies Laboratory and/or Physician of problems with specimen procurement to ensure optimal care.
- Provides follow up on test results to appropriate individuals in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintains a safe work environment, and is accountable for safe work practices, performs all aspects of daily work in a manner that contributes and ensures an environment of patient safety.
- Adheres to all recommendations and requirements of the Lab and Hospital Safety Committee.
- Continuously updated on information by reading emails and demonstrates compliance in MediaLab.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in a manner that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Performs clerical work; faxing, printing, filing, reviewing, and verbally releasing laboratory results.
- Has the ability to work independently complete tasks without immediate supervision.
- Demonstrates the values of team concept on a consistent basis.
- Interacts with all team members in a professional manner and aids/assists coworkers to complete assigned tasks.
- Associate's degree or 5+ years of applicable healthcare experience.
- Phlebotomy certification or training from a phlebotomy school/institution or equivalent experience.
- ASCP certified or obtain certification within six months upon hire date.
- Two or more years of leadership experience or in customer service.
- One year of experience performing phlebotomy on a broad range of patients types and has experience processing specimens.
- Familiar with medical EMR systems.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs