Charge Nurse- Palos Health Home Health Care Full-time DaysLocation Lemont, Illinois Business Unit Palos Hospital Job REQID 90669 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
View this video to learn more from the heroes that work at Northwestern Medicine.
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $28.06 + per hour.
The Charge Nurse reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Taking into consideration the special needs and behaviors of the specific age of the unit population, the Charge Nurse assumes accountability and responsibility in the primary function of a professional nurse leader in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care on his/her assigned team. The Charge Nurse serves as a teacher, clinician, resource person and quality control agent. She/he must know about the patient clinically to be able to evaluate the quality of nursing care being given by his/her team.
- Responsible for communicating and supporting the mission, philosophy, and objectives of Palos Health, Home Health Care Services and the Department of Nursing
- Assesses personnel needed to provide quality patient care and adjusts staffing and assignments appropriately.
- Demonstrates good managerial and clinical judgment in assigning appropriate skill mix to match the needs of each patient.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide primary care or leadership oversight in the deliverance of quality nursing care to meet individualized patient care needs Assists staff in preparing patient’s plan of care as appropriate.
- Reviews work in progress in order to ensure that all care is expeditiously carried out and documented, and in accordance with established standards. Ensures coordination of patient management through their continuum of care.
- Supports organization wide throughput of patients through their continuum of care.
- Leads and supports the work of interdisciplinary services to ensure the deliverance of patient care.
- Maintains continuity of patient care by coordinating issues that can be disruptive (i.e., weather),
- Leads or facilitates home care based projects and initiatives as assisted by the Clinical Nurse Leader.
- Utilizes knowledge and skills of all resource personnel in planning and implementing care and resolving complex patient care problems.
- Demonstrates an ability to adapt to changing priorities in the team; utilizes time effectively in response to workload, staffing levels and fluctuations in patient census and acuity
- Updates census sheets so that all teams are aware of each patient's Ian of care.
- Demonstrates a high level of communication skills in order to lead, teach and negotiate with others. Effectively interacts with the Department of Nursing and interdepartmentally to coordinate efforts, resolve operational problems and address/escalate barriers in order to maintain/improve the quality of patient care.
- Follows appropriate channels of communication in reporting any barriers or problems in resolving issues. Functions as a clinical role model for other nursing personnel by advocating for patient care that is sensitive to patient diversity and protects/preserves patient autonomy/dignity/ rights.
- Respects the confidentiality of patient records and uses discretion when discussing patient information.
- Participates in local, state or national professional organizations and attends educational offerings pertaining to relevant area of clinical or managerial skill development on an annual basis.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development as a self- directed nurse leader.
- Facilitates staff attendance at in-services.
- Maintains current CPR skills.
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of nursing orientation for new employees/ student nurses in collaboration with Practitioner-Teachers and the Clinical Nurse Leader.
- Supports and implements all nursing/hospital/home care policies under the direction of Clinical Nurse Leader.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the job descriptions and key requirements for each position on the unit. Holds subordinates accountable for responsibilities inherent in their position. Monitors and documents performance of staff and utilizes evaluations as a means to promote growth and development.
- Facilitates and adheres to hospital/home care policies and procedures regarding:
- Dress code
- Reports for duty at appointed times:
- Late Days
- Reports for duty on scheduled days:
- Absent Days
- Absent Periods
- Contributes to Performance Improvement data collection and the development, implementation and evaluation of performance improvement Initiatives.
- Participates in cost control activities through monitoring utilization of resources.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of safety policies and procedures; observes and instructs staff in following good safety practices.
- Participates in emergency fire and disaster drills; demonstrates ability to direct the activities of the nursing team in the event of an emergency situation or including inclement weather.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control and isolation procedures; supports and promotes adherence to policy and procedure.
- In collaboration with the Clinical Nurse Leader, implements and maintains ongoing employee safety training. Evaluates staff performance and monitors skills check list.
- Attends and ensures staff compliance with annual in-services in Safety, Infection Control and Hospital/Home Care Exposure Control Plan and annual health screening requirements.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with current Registered Nurse license by the State of Illinois.
- Minimum of two years of Clinical experience
- Home Health care experience required
- Basic Life Support certification through the American Heart Association
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Hospice experience preferred.
- Clinical expertise in area of specialization and management experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing CareersSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More