Dietitian- Palos Health Home Health Care Flex DaysLocation Lemont, Illinois Business Unit Palos Hospital Job REQID 65372 Job Function Nutrition Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
View this video to learn more from the heroes that work at Northwestern Medicine.
The Dietitian role reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics, Corporate Compliance Program and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Dietitian collaborates with members of the health care team to provide medical nutrition therapy.
- Identifies patients at high nutrition risk based on criteria outlined by the Hospital.
- Assesses nutrition needs and identifies nutrient requirements according to age and disease specific needs of patients.
- Develops and implements a nutrition plan of care for all assigned patients.
- Fosters continuity of care across the continuum of care.
- Continuously evaluates and monitors the effectiveness and outcomes of medical nutrition therapy intervention.
- Provides nutrition education to patient and family members on appropriate food selections and eating behaviors to accomplish patient goals.
- Manages the delivery of nutrition care services according to the site of care assigned.
- Participates in performance improvement.
- Mentors Diet Clerks and other support personnel.
- Actively assesses, evaluates and maintains professional development and competency related to the competencies outlined in the position description.
- Bachelors or advanced degree from accredited institution with major in food and nutrition or dietetics.
- Completion of a didactic program in dietetics and supervised practice program approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Registered Dietitian or eligible for registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, if registration-eligible, must pass the dietetic registration exam within 6 months of hire.
- Licensed Dietitian within the State of Illinois.
- Maintains dietetic registration, state-required credentials and/or licensure and continuing education requirements.
- Good instructional and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Nutrition Focused Physical Exams.
- Previous active role with hospital or department Performance Improvement projects or committees.
- Experience in hospital clinical dietetics
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs