Utility Tech - Plant Engineering & Maintenance, Full Time, DaysLake Forest, Illinois Job REQID 8730 Job Function Facilities/Maintenance Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
**This is a Full Time position at 40hrs per week located at Lake Forest Hospital. Schedule is Monday through Friday 6:30a-3p.**
The Utility Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Maintains in-wall fan systems; changes filters, lubricates and cleans.
- Performs various maintenance tasks such as TV hook-ups, bed and wheelchair repairs, unclogging drains, and hanging various items on the wall.
- Conducts preventative maintenance and repairs on housekeeping machinery. Inspects rooms, generates work tickets and performs needed repairs or cleaning.
- Assembles cabinets, desks, chairs and other office and storeroom equipment.
- Relamps ceiling, wall and lamp fixtures; cleans fixtures and reports electrical problems to engineering staff.
- Operates machinery to perform major cleaning functions within the facility.
- Performs carpet cleaning tasks including extracting, bonnet buffing and foam cleaning.
- Scrubs, strips and refinishes floors.
- Cleans upholstery using extraction and foam cleaning procedures.
- Performs meeting room set-ups, and moves equipment, furniture and files.
- Reports items in need of repair.
- Ensures building and office security; locks and checks doors and windows.
- Rotates into multiple cleaning and maintenance assignments as required.
- Cleans equipment and storage areas; ensures work areas and equipment are left in a neat and organized condition.
- As needed, will assist in the over-site of the shift, helping to coordinate the daily functions of the department.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical functions, read and write in English.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Insurance Verification Representative - Durable Medical Equipment, Full-time, Days McHenry, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (KD) Palatine, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (SR) Carmel, Indiana
- Talent Acquisition Professional- Human Resources, Full-time, Days Warrenville, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs