Unit Secretary - Maternity Services, Part Time, NightsLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 59540 Job Function Administrative Support Shift Night Job (3rd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Unit Secretary reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Demonstrates exemplary customer service skills, including the ability to use appropriate judgment, independent thinking and creativity when resolving issues.
- Answers phones and provides assistance accordingly.
- Communicates with patients and visitors including greeting them upon arrival and providing necessary information related to their visit.
- Responds to patient call lights and request for assistance in a professional and timely manner.
- Facilitates obtaining a hard copy of the patients health information and scan into Electronic Medical Record.
- Manages admissions and discharges through Electronic Bed Board.
- Provides clinical staff with medical records of treatment of patient and correct flow of patient and maintains log book.
- Coordinates and assists in transfer process for patients to another hospital.
- Assures patient care unit readiness for EMR downtime and facilitates data recovery following downtime.
- Orders departmental forms, supplies and request engineering/biomed equipment repair. Construct departmental folders as needed.
- Maintains staff phone list for department.
- Participates in performance improvement activities that advance innovative processes to achieve unit targets and exceptional performance
- Competency in ICARE
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Efficient computer skills
- Experience in EMR order entry and documentation
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs