Triage Nurse - Internal Medicine, Full Time, DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 61572 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
**This is a Full Time position at 40hrs per week located on the Lake Forest hospital campus. Schedule is Monday through Friday, 8a-5p. Please note that this role is 80% phone triage and 20% patient care (EKGs, immunizations, injection training, and blood pressure checks).**
The Triage Nurse reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Memorial, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Provides clinically expert triage service within a physicians practice. In their role, triage nurses serve as liaisons between patients and physicians, assessing and determining the acuity of patients symptoms and communicating these to the physicians as appropriate.
- Provide education to patients and to staff concerning clinical issues.
- Triage nurses must demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills and the ability to function as part of a highly effective team that consistently puts Patients First.
- Establish positive first impressions with patients and customers, establishing a role as patient advocate.
- Triage all incoming telephone calls and electronicmessages, prioritizing and resolving, involving the provider as appropriate, successfully completing the communication cycle.
- Document all communications in the electronic medical record.
- Schedule patient for visit with provider when telephone assessment indicates this.
- Assist in obtaining appointment for patients with specialists within NM.
- Coordinate emergency and hospital transfers, including paperwork and telephone communications.
- Administer medications and treatments in accordance with Nursing Standards and as ordered by the provider.
- Provide education to patients and staff concerning clinical issues
- Assist in coordinating and monitoring activities of clinical staff to ensure adequate coverage and adherence to OSHA and CDC guidelines
- Assist in orientation of new staff members.
- Assist in specific process improvement projects
- Administer intravenous and injectable medications to adult, geriatric and wheelchair bound patients.
- Must demonstrate competency for age related responsibilities.
- Quality control must be maintained during all aspects of patient care.
- The triage nurse ensures that all exam rooms and equipment are maintained according to OSHA and CDC guidelines
- Participates in departmental quality improvement activities
- Graduate of accredited RN program
- 3 years of experience in a hospital or outpatient setting
- Registered Nurse License issued by State of Illinois
- Current AHA BLS Provider certification
- At least 5 years experience in a hospital or outpatient setting
- Spanish speaking
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Film File Clerk - Mammography, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Labor & Delivery, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant I - PH Housekeeping - Discharge Team, Full-Time, Evenings Palos Heights, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant II - Support Services Environmental, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs