Sterile Processing Tech I - Full-time, Evenings - $3,000 Sign-OnLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 15401 Job Function Materials Shift Evening Job (2nd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- Disassemble, decontaminate, assemble, sterilize, and store procedure trays, instruments, medical equipment, and supplies according to prescribed procedure and aseptic technique.
- Follows preference sheet to accurately dispense instruments and supplies to surgery and patient care areas.
- This position requires daily flexibility to perform responsibilities, knowledge of routine policies and procedures and adherence of safety and infection control standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of the Tray Tracking computer system in assigned areas of the department.
- Decontaminate, disinfect and/or sterilize surgical instruments in compliance with all established policies and procedures including infection control protocols.
- Inspects sorts and processes surgical instrumentation in accordance to policy and procedures.
- Reports and isolates damaged and missing items to Resource Coordinator and Manager.
- Assembles and organizes surgical instrument sets according to instrument count sheets.
- Prepares instrument trays for sterilization by appropriately wrapping or utilizing a sterilization container.
- Operates ultrasonic cleaner, washer decontaminator, heat-sealing apparatus, sterilizers and cart washers within established guidelines.
- Maintains logs, prepares, checks and records test results. Approves or refuses materials from Sterilizer based on test results. Reports to management any adverse results.
- Executes proper procedures for equipment malfunctions.
- Prepares and delivers accurate and timely case carts for use in surgical procedures.
- Responds to instrument and supply requests from customers in a timely manner.
- Maintains a friendly, clean and orderly work environment.
- Checks and reprocesses any expired items.
- Accurately prepares and labels items for the appropriate method of sterilization.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all areas of the department by rotating through assigned work areas to ensure service needs of the customer are met.
- Completes work from previous shift to accommodate department schedules.
- Responsible for hand off communication to oncoming staff.
- Dispenses and delivers materials via dumbwaiter, tube system, elevator and/or handcarts.
- Communicates issues, problems and concerns to management in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED or 2 years related equivalent experience AND must obtain GED within 1 year of start date AND
- Sterile processing certification -National (CBSPD) or International (IAHCSMM) Certification within 2 years of start date AND
- Basic computer skills
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Medical Care Center, Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - CDH Surgical Care Unit (Post Operative Care Unit), Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-o Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Mother/Baby) Full Time, Nights Lake Forest, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Observation) Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs