Stationary Engineer-Plant Engineering and Maintenance Full Time NightsLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 81112 Job Function Facilities/Maintenance Shift Night Job (3rd) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
**This is a Full-Time position at 40 hours per week located at Lake Forest Hospital. The schedule is Tuesday - Saturday, 10:30pm - 7am. **
The Engineer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Coordinates between various parties such as clinical staff, engineers, and technical staff for facilities management services.
- Observes meters, gauges and fuel levels to determine operating conditions of equipment / systems and regulates the performance within established standards.
- Performs preventative and general service on various pieces of industrial / commercial equipment and mechanical equipment / systems.
- Takes chemical readings of boilers, air conditioning systems, pools and related waters; adjusts or changes concentrated levels accordingly.
- Performs preventative maintenance and emergency repairs on commercial sterilizer and heavy duty industrial type equipment.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and restores malfunctioning mechanical and electrical equipment and systems.
- Performs maintenance on hospital equipment such as desks, tables, TV’s, nurse call, kitchen, laundry, chairs, patient beds, wheel chairs, stretchers and walkers.
- Identifies and reports safety and fire hazards in accordance with NFPA 99 and 101 regulations.
- Repairs interior and exterior surfaces of the building including minor roof repairs.
- Monitors and operates electrical and mechanical building automation system (BAS).
- Works with others in department on P.M.'s, Electrical/Refrigeration/Painting projects, general maintenance and emergency repairs.
- Works on a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) that includes data entry and entering routine work tickets.
- On accession will perform primary security functions as defined in Security Officer job description
- Stationary Engineering License (or within three months of hiring)
- Three or more years of progressively responsible engineering experience in similar building environment
- Strong verbal skills and a customer-oriented attitude.
- Familiar with MS Office, strong computer skills, data entry
- General certifications and training on HVAC/mechanical equipment.
- Certified Pool Operators License
- CPI Certified
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs