Respiratory Therapist Registry - Respiratory Therapy, DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 69318 Job Function Respiratory Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
**This is a Registry, day shift position that is located at Lake Forest Hospital.**
The Respiratory Therapist RRT/CRT Registry reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Performs all respiratory care procedures including patient assessments and implements treatment and therapies in accordance with department and hospital protocols.
- Implements and evaluates the plan of care related to respiratory procedures including but not limited to aerosol, secretion mobilization, and hyperinflation therapies.
- Provides care for patient requiring ventilator assistance, complex respiratory devices and procedures and interprets clinical data necessary for the delivery of quality patient care.
- Performs comprehensive ventilator management and monitors the cardiopulmonary status of patients receiving intensive respiratory care.
- Demonstrates competency and can perform without supervision all procedures required in adult ICU, Peds, Emergency Room, and Special Care Nursery/NICU.
- Performs diagnostic studies on patients as designated by department policy and/or by physician order.
- Initiates and monitors, approved invasive and all non-invasive arterial blood gas measurement monitors.
- Consults with physicians, RNs, and other health care professionals and participates in daily patient rounds for assigned area to promote consistent quality and delivery of patient care. Completes all documentation for patient charting in compliance with standards for accuracy and content as established by the department and NM.
- Demonstrates clinical competence. Implements appropriate actions to respond to needs of patients and family members.
- Monitors and documents the patient response to therapeutic interventions and progress toward outcomes.
- Services as a resource and role model for new staff, students and other NM personnel and assists with precepting and orienting.
- Works collaboratively with all hospital services to responsibly accomplish daily work and maintain an environment of excellence.
- Responsible for meeting all the department's expectations in all areas of Respiratory Care for all age groups.
- Complete all billing entries accurately and in a timely manner.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) - National Board of Respiratory Care or Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) - National Board of Respiratory Care
- Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) - Illinois Department of Professional Regulation (within three months of hire)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) American Academy of Pediatrics (within 60 days of hire)
- Associate's degree in Applied Science (AAS) - Respiratory Therapy or equivalent work experience
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (by region)
- Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist (CPFT) - National Board of Respiratory Care
- Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist (RPFT) - National Board of Respiratory Care
- Neonatal/ Pediatric Specialist (NPS) - National Board of Respiratory Care
- Adult Critical Care Specialty (ACCS) National Board of Respiratory Care
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS)
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs