Respiratory Clinical Coordinator - Respiratory Therapy, Full Time, DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 13439 Job Function Respiratory Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
**This is a Full Time position at 36hrs per week located at Lake Forest Hospital.**
The Respiratory Clinical Coordinatorreflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Memorial, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Performs all functions of a Respiratory Therapist – RRT; see job class #302232
- Facilitates service line Respiratory Care operations on a shift basis according to policy, procedure, and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates service line based staffing assignments on a shift basis to achieve high quality and cost effective care. Coordinates workflow and adjusts employee assignments as necessary.
- Implements special clinical procedures within assigned service line involving highly technical equipment management requiring understanding and functional knowledge of complex physiologic processes and interpretation of data.
- Consults with physicians, nurses and other health care professionals and participates in daily patient rounds for assigned specialty area to promote consistent quality and delivery of patient care.
- Participates in Transition into Practice through managing new hire assignments and mentoring. Provides technical/clinical direction and guidance to staff to insure standards of high quality are achieved and maintained in the delivery of patient care and compliance with policies, procedures and clinical protocols.
- Responds to urgent issues such as disaster alerts, emergencies, and employee injury appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Participates in interviewing.
- Champions new initiatives and helps in service line or hospital wide committees/task forces.
- Demonstrates clinical competence.
- Implements appropriate actions to respond to needs of patients and their significant others.
- Monitors and documents the patient’s response to therapeutic interventions and progress toward outcomes.
- Demonstrates patient first and cost effective approach to patient care in terms of equipment, staff, supplies and all other resources.
- Assures that quality improvement activities are completed for the assigned shift.
- Assesses and intervenes in critical situations involving patients, staff, and visitors and consults with manager or administrator for guidance as needed.
- Exemplifies a professional image in appearance, manner, and presentation.
- Consistently demonstrates accountability.
- Consistently demonstrates compassion to internal and external customers.
- Dynamic representative of the respiratory profession in internal and external forums.
- Integrates theoretical knowledge base and clinical expertise in decision making.
- Assumes responsibility for meeting regulatory and other mandatory requirements.
- Assumes responsibility for personal development plan and education/certification related to clinical specialty area.
- Acts in accordance with organizational culture; understands how own work team affects others in the organization and knows when to escalate an issue, problem, or decision.
- Analyzes patterns of daily activities and recommends operational/program changes as needed.
- Anticipates staffing needs for subsequent shifts and makes necessary arrangements for coverage.
- Assumes responsibility for efficient and effective use of time and effort of all staff.
- Facilitates effective interdepartmental communication of incidents with appropriate personnel (manager, administrator, medical staff, etc.).
- Identifies and communicates key issues and trends to managers and makes recommendations for improvement on an ongoing basis.
- Establishes relationships across departments to optimize patient care.
- Assesses and communicates staff development needs to manager.
- Serves as a resource for staff.
- Contributes to service line orientation.
- Assures that research activities are completed for an assigned shift.
- Participates in research activities.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) National Board of Respiratory Care
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) National Board of Respiratory Care (within one year of hire or promotion)
- Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) Illinois Department of Professional Regulation
- Basic Life Support through American Heart Association
- Neonatal/ Pediatric Specialist (NPS) National Board of Respiratory Care (within Neonatal ICU) within 6 months of hire date
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) – American Academy of Pediatrics (within Neonatal ICU)
- Bachelor's degree or currently enrolled in Bachelor's degree program and will complete with-in 12 months of hire date
- Minimum 2 years of Critical Care experience
- Master’s degree in Science
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support- American Heart Association
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Case Manager RN/Woodstock-Full-time, Day Woodstock, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Medical Surgical/Onconolgy-McHenry-Full-time, Nights McHenry, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Emergency/Huntley-Full-time, Night Huntley, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Allergy and ENT- Full-time- Days Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs