Registered Nurse-Med Surg Oncology Casual DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 79858 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The CRT RN BSN reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Performs a comprehensive assessment on all assigned patients as evidenced by completed documentation.
- Supports patient/family/spiritual/cultural needs when assessing the patient and family needs for teaching; identifies the patient's learning level and readiness, and documents education record.
- Communicates changes in patient’s condition promptly.
- Utilizes appropriate nursing diagnosis and data from the assessment to derive realistic outcomes and documents them as measurable goals on the plan of care; modifies care plan, if indicated, in order to identify realistic patient goals.
- Identifies and prioritizes patient needs and/or nursing diagnosis for patients and documents.
- Collaborates with patient, family, and other members of the health care team when planning patient care and documents accordingly. Assesses patients with regard to discharge planning and makes the appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Implements nursing interventions consistent with the established plan of care.
- Demonstrates safe medication administration.
- Assesses patients with regard to discharge planning and makes the appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Evaluates and documents the patient response to nursing interventions and alters the plan of care as necessary.
- Oversees and directs the work of patient care or support techs; maintains overall accountability for the care of assigned patients.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills in leading and directing others; deals with conflict directly and appropriately.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the charge nurse/preceptor role when assigned; assumes responsibility for coordinating patient care for the entire unit.
- Registered Nursing license issued by the State of Illinois.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- BLS through American Heart Association
- Minimum of two years of related RN experience for critical care or specialty units (ICU, SCN, ED)
- Minimum of one-year related experience for non-critical care or general units (ie: med/surg, observation)
- National Certification in area of specialty
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs