Radiation Therapist - Radiation Oncology, Casual, DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 79723 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
**This is a Casual, as needed position located at Lake Forest Hospital, but will require travel between both the Lake Forest and Grayslake campuses.**
The Radiation Therapist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Reviews radiation doses and other appropriate computations from tables or computerized treatment plans.
- Conducts simulations to develop patient treatment plans and ensure effective delivery of radiation therapy.
- Administers radiation therapy in accordance with treatment plan.
- Assesses patient during daily treatments for reactions or changes in physical/mental performance; reports changes to radiation oncologist, as necessary, for further assessment.
- Maintains communication with patient and family members explaining procedures to be performed, reinforcing instructions from the radiation oncologist and providing continual reassurance.
- Operates and maintains equipment; notifies appropriate personnel of problems.
- Charts treatment parameters and records daily treatment information.
- Ability to download and transfer electronic patient data into hospital EMR system.
- Works on patient focus studies
- Actively participates in patient satisfaction results
- Participates in ACoS, ACR and Joint Commission surveys as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 to 3 years of undergraduate education or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of related work experience
- ARRT eligible
- IEMA eligible
- BLS through American Heart Association
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs