Project Manager Construction, Full-Time, DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 20621 Job Function Management-Facilities/Support Services Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Project Manager - Construction reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Project Manager - Construction will be responsible for executing a highly effective project delivery process for construction and repairs and maintenance projects for NM, including development of project scope and budget, bid process, construction phase administration, financial reporting and reconciliation and project documentation. The PM-Construction will facilitate planning and scope development discussions with project sponsors, as well as provide regular project status updates to engaged individuals. The PM-Construction Manager will understand all regulatory requirements and legislation impacting project delivery.
- Overall project management of construction and repairs and maintenance projects for NM, including the development of project scope and budget validation, project schedule, RFP bid management, project documentation, construction phase administration (change and claims management, risk management, construction schedule, project financial management) and project financial close out and audit.
- Perform test fits and space programming in partnership with department leadership.
- Communicate effectively with project sponsors, department leaders, contractors, vendors, team partners and leadership
- Deliver projects on-time and on-budget including successful activation, closeout and stabilization that meet stated/expected Project Sponsor outcomes and NM goals.
- Utilize project management standards and tools
- Maintain timely and accurate project forecast, dashboards and reports in NM Project Management tool.
- Prepare Project Sponsor and Department leadership for leadership updates and presentations
- Recommend solutions that add value, strengthen project or operational outcomes, exhibit an understanding of Project Sponsor or user needs, and models NM values.
- Participate in project planning and review meetings with sponsors and stakeholders
- Possess a thorough understanding of project management best practices, including schedule and resource management, project budgeting, forecasting, status and performance reporting, vendor management, procurement, contracting and supplier diversity.
- Understand regulatory requirements/legislation impacting project delivery and recommends controls and/or practices to ensure compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to ‘get things done’ and execute on stated goals and plans.
- Has the ability to deal with a rapidly changing environment and to lead/facilitate and manage change efficiently and effectively where appropriate.
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility and character with demonstrated high moral, ethical behavior.
- Performs special projects, as assigned by Division leadership.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in hospital and/or healthcare, institutional, science and technology planning, design, construction, activation and/or merger and acquisitions as a consultant or within an institutional planning, integration, construction management, real estate or facilities department(s).
- Ability to physically navigate construction worksites; bending, standing, walking, squatting, climbing ladders, etc. Depends on the particular domain expertise requirements.
- Flexibility to work in any region as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in clinical operations, healthcare strategic facility planning, functional and space programming, campus master planning, architectural design, engineering, construction management or activation planning.
- Master's degree in Hospital Administration, Business Administration, Architecture or Construction Management.
- Accreditation as a Project Manager from the Project Management Institute (PMI) as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar agency.
- Professional registration, certification and/or licensure as an architect, interior designer, nurse, or professional engineer (PE) in the State of Illinois.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Associate General Counsel, Full-Time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Practice Specialist Nurse - Critical Care/ICU Huntley, Full-time, Day Huntley, Illinois
- Staff Nurse Inpatient - Marianjoy, 3 East, $3,000 Sign on Bonus, Full Time Evenings Wheaton, Illinois
- Patient Care Tech - Marianjoy, $2,000 Sign on Bonus, Full Time Days Wheaton, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs