Physical Therapist- Outpatient, Full-Time, DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 58874 Job Function Rehabilitation/Wellness Shift Day Job (1st) Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is 34.28 Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
**This is a Full-Time position at 40hrs a week located at Lake Forest Hospitial**
The Physical Therapist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Develops and implements physical therapy programs aimed at maximizing function while educating patients regarding their limitations.
- Evaluates patient and gathers appropriate information to determine accurate clinical diagnoses and treatment plan.
- Establishes appropriate, functional and objective goals based upon clinical examination.
- Communicates treatment program to patient, family and other interdisciplinary personnel; provides emotional support as needed for patient and family.
- Coordinates and implements the treatment plan; modifying according to patient progression.
- Treats patients utilizing a variety of treatment techniques including therapeutic exercise, functional activities, manual techniques, modalities, etc.
- Evaluates the home, work and/or community settings and makes recommendations and appropriate referrals to assure safe and efficient function within all settings.
- Re-evaluates patients at appropriate timeframes and documents goal progression to maintain effective plans of care and documents needed to recertify for additional cert periods.
- Plans and communicates need for discharge to patient, family and medical personnel in a timely fashion; reviews and finalizes appropriate exercise program and practices for independent and safe care; initiates and follows up on recommendations for self-management/continuation of care.
- Maintains accurate, thorough and timely documentation in accordance with department policy; chart audit standards are consistently met.
- Develops and presents educational programs for the department, organization, and the community as appropriate and as needed.
- Demonstrates awareness of regulatory specifications/restrictions/policies; incorporates regulatory information into daily work and operations; is knowledgeable of Illinois State Practice Act.
- Adapts schedule based on clinic needs; encourages cooperation, collaboration and co-ownership of processes both departmentally and organizationally; utilizes non-patient care time effectively.
- Contacts referral sources to promote positive relationships with Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital Rehab Services department.
- Actively participates in quality and process improvement efforts to increase quality of care and customer value.
EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Bachelor of Science, Physical Therapy.
- Current State of Illinois Physical Therapy license or in process of obtaining as allowed and defined in the Illinois State Practice Act.
- BLS through the American Heart Association.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs