Perioperative Director Nursing Operations, Full-Time, DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 37228 Job Function Director Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Director, Nursing Operations reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Management of all staff in areas of responsibility.
- Provide program or functional leadership, communication and coordination to support NM goals and strategic priorities:
- Across units or services
- With other department or functions supporting the program/service
- Establish and execute annual and long-term program or service goals, strategies and plans (including business plans) consistent with NM goals and strategies.
- Develop Departmental Budgets, Capital Equipment Planning List, and expansion planning with Department/Service Line leaders for Executive Leadership Approval.
- Responsible for achieving fiscal year targets set for quality, engagement and financial initiatives.
- Ensures adherence to performance and operations standards, including oversite for departmental policies and procedures.
- This role is responsible for the development of effective and efficient processes that maximize the value of care delivery in areas of oversight.
- Ensure departmental compliance with accreditation, licensure and other regulatory standards including Illinois Department Public Health (IDPH), Joint Commission and CMS.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with clinical leadership as appropriate and senior management to ensure close coordination of medical staff and administrative goals, plans, and strategies.
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of strategies that enhance the image of Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital.
- Is accountable for quality and customer relationships in all component units:
- Personally models, teaches, and promotes Patients First
- Establishes and ensures compliance with exceptional quality and performance standards, oversees quality planning and management
- Provides leadership within the department and hospital in customer service
- Provides leadership in ensuring that processes, which span units, services, and other managers departments and disciplines, are measured and improved collaboratively.
- Develops and maintains relationships with all customers, suppliers especially patients/families, physicians, and other caregivers and colleague
- Acts as a good citizen of the organization as exemplified by integrity and ethics in personal behavior and willingness to participate in task forces, special events, and/or external community commitments.
- Manage managers and key professional/technical staff across units, ensuring that (as appropriate) these individuals fulfill pertinent human resources responsibilities: design of jobs, staffing, orientation, scheduling, coaching, monitoring and discipline, and communications (staff meetings)
- Design an organizational structure to accomplish mission and strategy of department, staff, orient, and schedule, evaluate, coach, monitor and discipline staff.
- Conduct staff meetings, ensures effective communication with all staff and other means (minutes books, bulletin boards, memoranda, etc.); ensure full communication of hospital administrative update, customer satisfaction issues discussion, and opportunities for give and take with staff. Ensure that staff at all levels within units/services has appropriate access to successive levels of management.
- Develop strategies which support Best People goals and management positions through
- Early assessment of individuals with high potential
- Individual development plans
- Direct mentoring and monitoring of development plans
- Strive for personal excellence in skills and knowledge required for effectiveness in current position; set and carry out personal development objectives as part of annual objective setting process which are appropriate for position and personal development objectives, e.g.:
- Leadership roles in relevant professional groups
- Publication in professional publications
- Participation in relevant association meetings
- Continuing education as participant, presenter, and/or planner
- Mentor/teach own and other staff through informal and formal role
- Master's degree in Nursing, Business Administration or Healthcare Administration (or in progress to obtain within three years of assuming this role)
- Registered Nursing license issued by the State of Illinois
- Board Certification in Nursing Administration from ANCC or AONE (as eligible after two years in management role) OR Board Certified as a Fellow of American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) as eligible after five years director level experience.
- Seven to ten years progressive management roles including management of capital and operational budgets
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Nurse Clinician - Digestive Health Clinic, Full-Time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Cook I - West Region - Central DuPage Hospital, Part-time Winfield, Illinois
- Certified Nursing Assistant - PH Psychiatric, Part-Time, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - Delnor Medical/Surgical, Full Time, Nights - $2,000 Sign on Bonus! Geneva, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs