Perioperative Business Operations Manager Full Time DaysLake Forest, Illinois Job REQID 4513 Job Function Management-Nursing Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Perioperative Business Operations Manager reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Communicates with Management of Information Systems in conjunction with the Information System operations leader regarding strategies, surgical schedule planning and documentation, utilization monitoring, patient charging system, budgets and new equipment justification including Pro fomas and pricing strategies.
- Facilitates activities to include billing, budget preparation, and MIS management for each cost center as assigned; is responsible for ensuring cost assignments are within budget; and will assist each manager with variance analysis and budget preparation.
- Works with department director in business plan development for surgical services, including a cost benefit analyses, and monitoring for capital equipment expenditures/budgets.
- Responsible for understanding and keeping up to date on the impact of new technology on the population served and coordinating reimbursement activities.
- Leads multidisciplinary committees to support the advancement of patient care.
- Monitors the patient charge process for Perioperative Services.
- Practices fiscal accountability. Encourages staff and team accountability by involving them in budget preparations, identifying ideas for increasing efficiency, cost savings, developing and growing the business and existing services.
- Collaborates with department director and surgeons, hospital and departmental administration to establish base-line pricing strategies for particular services.
- Participates with inventory control and purchasing functions of the surgical services division with the supply chain department.
- Compiles and oversees monthly statistical information that reflects surgical volume and case duration accuracy.
- Compiles monthly and ad hoc reports from surgical services to distribute to departments such as infection control, quality, risk, and administration as requested and required.
- Meet monthly with the surgical services management team to review reports on productivity, revenue, expenses and variances. Prepare reports to assist in analysis of operational budget variances.
- Works with surgeons and surgeons offices to assure good working relationships as related to surgical scheduling.
- Works with project teams in development of ongoing reports for block utilization, case preparation, case termination and room turnover standards for various types of cases and incorporate into the scheduling process. These standards should be developed in concert with specialty group coordinators with variable times established based upon acuity and complexity of the procedure.
- Works with department director to assist in financial analysis and develop a mentoring relationship progressing towards projects in the area of cost containment and revenue enhancement.
- Works with ancillary staff to expand item file maintenance.
- Use benchmark and utilization data to develop strategies to decrease cost per case.
- Implement productivity tools and reporting that will assist in allocating resources appropriately and increase efficiencies.
- Works with Value Analysis Committee on new products and cost containment projects.
- Meets with manufacturer & vendor representatives to maintain awareness of trends, evaluate current & future pricing, & identify potential cost savings.
- Works with Supply Chain and other appropriate Perioperative Services personnel to oversee requisitions, service & maintenance requests, blanket orders, non-file orders, rental contracts and consignment agreements
- Monitors and manages contracts in collaboration with director and contracting and sourcing.
- Reports need for repair or maintenance of equipment and facilities to the Director and/or proper department. Collaborates and assure follow up on repairs with Biomed department.
- Works with supply chain and managers to set up and monitor equipment trials and assure contract requirements are met.
- Collaborates with the office of general counsel and finance department for all equipment lease arrangements.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration
- Current Registered Nursing license issued by the State of Illinois
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Master's Degree in Nursing or MBA
- Perioperative Information Management.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Access Specialist - Part time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Patient Access Specialist - Full time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Patient Care Tech, Float - Delnor Resource Team, Full Time, Nights Geneva, Illinois
- * Monitor Tech Virtual Hiring Event - Thursday, 10/15 from 3-6p * DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs