Patient Care Tech - Observation, Full Time, DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 59151 Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is 16.5 Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Patient Care Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Performs a variety of clinical/patient care related functions, under the direction of the clinical RN or physician that provide support to patients and staff including but not limited to the following:
- Collects, labels and transports specimens as assigned.
- Obtains 12 lead EKG’s
- Discontinues Saline Locks and Indwelling Urinary Catheters
- Discontinues Telemetry Monitoring packs
- Performs Bladder Scan
- Performs Point of Care Testing as appropriate
- Assists patients with personal hygiene and nutritional needs as identified on patient's plan of care.
- Performs hourly patient rounding in collaboration with the clinical RN.
- Obtains and documents patient care data as directed by the clinical RN and as noted in the plan of care.
- Assists with patient ambulation and positioning as directed in the plan of care.
- Assists the health care team members in meeting the individualized needs of the patient.
- Responds to patient call lights and request for assistance in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist the health care team in maintaining a clinical care environment that supports patient, family and staff safety.
- Assists with post mortem care.
- In collaboration with the Nursing Manager/Director, Clinical Nurse Specialists/Nurse Clinicians and NM Academy identifies and meets learning needs. Completes annual required training and updates knowledge through periodic in-services.
- Participates in performance improvement activities that advance innovative processes to achieve unit targets and exceptional performance.
Additional Responsibilities as Safety Attendant/Telesitter Monitor
- Maintains visual observation at all times with no distractions
- Provides prompt notification to care team if patient requires assistance
- Monitors and maintains patient environmental safety, and notifies care team if any hazards are discovered
- Performs care checks in accordance with care plan
- Follows appropriate policy
Additional Responsibilities for Universal Care Center
- Assists with patient and family reunification pre and post procedure
- Scans documents into the EMR system appropriately
- Collates patient information from the EMR system and preadmission/preop shared drive to construct a complete procedure chart
- Organizes information and charts for the next day procedure cases
- Maintains and inventory and orders department supplies through market place
Additional Responsibilities under direction of department leadership include but not limited to:
- Answers, screens and directs incoming calls.
- Facilitates obtaining a hard copy of the patients advance directive if patient indicated he/she has one and places in Electronic Medical Record.
- Manages admissions through Electronic Bed Board.
- Assures patient care unit readiness for EMR downtime and facilitates data recovery following downtime.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited CNA program and listed on the state of Illinois CNA Registry OR Successful completion minimally of Fundamentals of Nursing with 2 semesters of clinical rotations. Must provide written verification of successful completion of said rotations.
- BLS through American Heart Association.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs