Patient Care Tech - Med/Surg, Part Time, NightLake Forest, Illinois Job REQID 5901 Job Function Patient Support Shift Night Job (3rd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Patient Care Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Performs a variety of clinical/patient care related functions, under the direction of the clinical RN or physician that provide support to patients and staff including but not limited to the following:
- Collects, labels and transports specimens as assigned.
- Obtains 12 lead EKG’s.
- Discontinues Saline Locks and Indwelling Urinary Catheters.
- Discontinues Telemetry Monitoring packs.
- Performs Bladder Scan.
- Performs Point of Care Testing as appropriate.
- Assists patients with personal hygiene and nutritional needs as identified on patient's plan of care.
- Performs hourly patient rounding in collaboration with the clinical RN.
- Obtains and documents patient care data as directed by the clinical RN and as noted in the plan of care.
- Assists with patient ambulation and positioning as directed in the plan of care.
- Assists the health care team members in meeting the individualized needs of the patient.
- Responds to patient call lights and request for assistance in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist the health care team in maintaining a clinical care environment that supports patient, family and staff safety.
- In collaboration with the Nursing Manager/Director, Clinical Nurse Specialists/Nurse Clinicians and NM Academy identifies and meets learning needs. Completes annual required training and updates knowledge through periodic in-services.
- Participates in performance improvement activities that advance innovative processes to achieve unit targets and exceptional performance.
Additional responsibilities under direction of department leadership include but not limited to:
- Answers, screens and directs incoming calls.
- Facilitates obtaining a hard copy of the patients advance directive if patient indicated he/she has one and places in Electronic Medical Record.
- Manages admissions through Electronic Bed Board
- Assures patient care unit readiness for EMR downtime and facilitates data recovery following downtime.
Additional responsibilities for Universal Care Center
- Assists with patient and family reunification pre- and post-procedure
- Scans documents into the EMR system appropriately
- Collates patient information from the EMR system and preadmission/preop shared drive to construct a complete procedure chart
- Organizes information and charts for the next day procedure cases
- Maintains and inventory and orders department supplies through market place
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited CNA program and listed on the state of Illinois CNA Registry.
- BLS through American Heart Association.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Access Specialist, Grayslake, Full - Time Grayslake, Illinois
- Patient Access Specialist- Customer Service, Part-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Neuro Spine ICU, Full-time, Nights Chicago, Illinois
- Operations Coordinator - Supply Chain Logistics Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs