OR Scrub Tech Certified - Part Time, DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 45435 Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is 20.35 Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- Annual Employee Incentive Bonus
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $5,250 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year
The OR Scrub Tech - Certified reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Assist surgical team during procedures that require the ability to stand for periods greater than 6 hours.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of aseptic technique and the ability to take corrective action for themselves and other team members when there is a break in technique.
- Demonstrate fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination necessary to handle small intricate surgical instruments, supplies and specimens.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide complete, accurate communication to all members of the surgical team.
- Prepares and maintains sterile field throughout the surgical procedure.
- Provides assistance to the surgical team. This includes draping of the surgical site,and efficient and safe handling of all sharps and instruments.
- Maintains accurate count of all supplies, suture and sponge items on the sterile field.
- Orients new staff to the ORST role.
- Stocks room with supplies and equipment
- Must have the ability to provide on-call coverage for specialty or general surgical procedures and respond to be on duty within 30 minutes or less.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Graduate of an accredited School of Surgical Technologists
- Current CST certification
- BLS through American Heart Association
- At least 2 years of OR experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs