Ophthalmic Photographer - Ophthalmology, Full Time, DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 38336 Job Function General Healthcare Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
**This is a Full Time position at 40hrs per week located on the Lake Forest Hospital campus. Schedule is as follows: Monday through Thursday, 7:30a-5p.**
The Ophthalmic Photographerreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Ophthalmic Photographer is responsible for the technical support of physicians and sub-specialists in the Department of Ophthalmology. This includes various tests such as angiographic and photographic tests to be performed, as well as patient interaction under the direct supervision of the imaging lab supervisor, physicians, and/or other certified staff within the imaging lab.
- Performance and documentation requirements per physician expectations & special testing.
- Knowledge of ophthalmic imaging preferred (Color fundus photos, OCT, Fluorescein Angiogram, Slit Lamp Photo).
- Room preparation and equipment maintenance, laboratory stock and cleaning.
- Ordering of supplies including laboratory supplies, medications, ocular supplies, instruments, etc.
- Functions as an integral part of the patient care team and promotes patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner.
- Accepts and performs delegated responsibilities in a positive manner. Offers assistance to others.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings. Communicates appropriately and effectively with patients and patient care team (in the office and on the phone)
- Performs delegated procedures common to the specialty area in a safe, effective, and efficient manner (see specialty practice addendum)
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Physician, Supervisor or Manager as deemed appropriate
- High School diploma.
- 1-2 years prior experience in an ophthalmology role.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, physicians, management, staff and other customers.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, including the ability to use appropriate judgment, independent thinking and creativity when resolving customer issues.
- Ability to effectively handle challenging situations.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use personal computers and select software applications.
- Ability to analyze data for decision making purposes.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Outlook and database entry, Photoshop.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt to changes in work environment, delays or unexpected events.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in ophthalmic photography.
- Certification as a Retinal Angiographer when eligible
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Emergency Dept Tech - Woodstock ED, Full Time, NIghts Woodstock, Illinois
- 2022 Job Fair for Hospitality & Sterilizing Tech's - Central DuPage Hospital, offering Sign-On Bonuses Winfield, Illinois
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Cardiac Surgery, Full-time, Rotating Chicago, Illinois
- Certified Medical Assistant - RMG Primary Care- Full-time, Days Orland Park, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs