Operator Services Specialist - 2nd Shift, Hospital Operator Services, Full time, DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 4610 Job Function Customer Service Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Operator Services Specialist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This opening is to cover our 2nd shift of the team. The hours of the role will be 1:30PM to 10:00PM.
- Politely and promptly answers and appropriately triages telephone calls in an efficient, professional manner. In accordance with telephone standards, provide exceptional customer service to callers in order to establish a positive first impression of Northwestern Medicine, while maintaining call center performance metrics
- Using diplomacy and discretion, appropriately triage telephone requests for medical services and contact with caregivers to determine the level of urgency/acuity and the appropriate resolution to the request.
- In accordance with guidelines by the Emergency Management Committee - dispatch emergency first responders, using established logarithms where available and appropriate, or by way of critical judgment, based on the clinical or other conditions described by personnel at the scene of clinical or environmental emergencies or disasters, such as Bioterrorism or Operation Triage events.
- Serve as liaison to physicians in support of specialist care to inpatients by providing accurate patient identification/demographics, in accordance with established response time standards.
- In support of Hospital safety and JCAHO Life Safety standards, monitor, test, and assess the readiness of a) emergency hotlines, b) telephone systems, c) public address, in-house, Code and WAN paging.
- Be knowledgeable of and uses a variety of resources, including but not limited to on-call schedules, directories, patient census lists, NM Intranet, websites.
- Provide support for the NM answering service as needed. This will require the operators to triage patient calls outside of physician office hours and determine appropriate action based upon answering service protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communication and Collaboration:
- Develop and maintain fluency in medical terminology and a broad understanding of services and programs available to NM customers.
- Interacts with management, co-workers, patients, other NM departments in such manner that communications transactions are accomplished in accordance with NMHC and departmental policy and in keeping with the Patients First and Core Values.
- Maintain the integrity of the database by entering and updating reference items and communicating the need for content or procedural changes to departmental manuals, as daily interaction with physicians, Hospital staff, and others brings it to our attention.
- Efficiency, Process Improvement, and Business Growth:
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of NMHC and departmental policy, procedure and services, attendance at staff meetings, and daily review of electronic and other correspondence, to ensure that our patients, families and others receive accurate and timely information.
- Document all transactions and submit them in accordance with departmental schedules, including but not limited to Emergency Reports, Critical Incident Reviews, Daily Shift Logs, Daily Operating Reports, Fire Control system availability logs, long distance tracking spreadsheets.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years customer service experience.
- Proficiency in computer data-entry/typing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Additional education.
- Operator experience.
- Experience in a healthcare setting.
- Additional language skills.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Emergency Dept Tech - Woodstock ED, Full Time, NIghts Woodstock, Illinois
- 2022 Job Fair for Hospitality & Sterilizing Tech's - Central DuPage Hospital, offering Sign-On Bonuses Winfield, Illinois
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Cardiac Surgery, Full-time, Rotating Chicago, Illinois
- Certified Medical Assistant - RMG Primary Care- Full-time, Days Orland Park, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs