Occupational Therapist- Certified Hand Therapist, Part-Time, DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 58989 Job Function Rehabilitation/Wellness Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Rehabilitation Services at Northwestern Medicine is a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team within our growing, nationally recognized health system that provides world-class care at 10 hospitals and more than 200 locations in communities throughout Chicago, the suburbs and northern Illinois. Together with Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, we are pushing boundaries in innovative care delivery, training the next generation of rehabilitation specialists, and pursuing excellence in patient care.
Rehabilitation Services values building relationships with our patients and their families, understanding the needs of our clinical and non-clinical staff, and providing opportunities for professional development, mentorship, and program development. Our integration with hospitals and clinics across Northwestern Medicine make it possible for us to serve more patients, closer to where they live and work. While each of our locations has a unique story, Rehabilitation Services at Northwestern Medicine is unified under one mission – Patients First.
The Occupational Therapist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Occupational Therapist, in consultation with the physician or by prescription, treats injured, ill, or disabled patients by planning and administering medically prescribed occupational therapy to develop, improve, sustain or restore the highest possible level of independence for the patient. This role also acts as the oversight coordinator for clinical trials.
** This isPart-Time position at 24hrs a week located at Lake Forest Hospital. The hours are 830a-5p, M, Wed, Th. Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) required for the position. **
- Assesses the patient, reviews and interprets the patient’s medical evaluations and test results.
- Evaluates patient’s physical functioning in activities of daily living, identifies desired functional outcomes/goals, and determines a therapeutic intervention plan.
- Instructs, encourages and assists the patient in performing therapeutic physical activities, incorporates appropriate assistive and supportive devices.
- Evaluates effects of treatment, observes and notes patient’s progress and response to therapy, recommends adjustments and modifications.
- Provides patient, family, and caregiver education and instruction in home care programs.
- Participates in home care planning, maintains ongoing communication, and completes discharge planning in collaboration with the health care team to assure continuation of therapeutic treatment.
- Acts as the liaison between interdepartmental staff, management, and external agencies.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Occupational Therapist, Licensed (IL).
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists (NBCOT) certification.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Zero (0) to two (2) years’ experience in a relevant role.
- CPR-BLS certification through American Heart Association (AHA)
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs