Nursing Operations Leader (PRN), RotatingLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 44244 Job Function Nursing Coordinator Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Nursing Operations Leader reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- This role is a professional nurse who coordinates hospital operations 24/7.
- Collaborates and communicates with administration, nursing directors, managers, charge nurses and members of the patient care team to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
- Collaborates with managers and directors to maintain operational aspects of the patient units; ensures that standards of nursing care are met for all patients.
- Provides clinical expertise and support for staff nurses to ensure the delivery of quality patient care.
- Serves as the administrative leader on duty, responding to problems or concerns in any hospital department as needed.
- Responds to all emergency situations on hospital premises
- Provides direct patient care as needed. Assesses bed tracking system for coordination for patient placement in collaboration with the UR/Bed planner.
- Serves as a clinical resource to all nurses and consults on unstable patients.
- Assesses patient status when significant changes warrant physician calls when notified by bedside RN.
- Provides leadership and direction for staff during a specified shift.
- Maintains effective staffing levels, providing staffing decisions that reflect the needs of the patients and standards set by the managers/directors.
- Prioritizes, assigns and reviews work; provides feedback to manager/director regarding staff performance.
- Collaborates with physicians and administrators as needed regarding patient care or unusual occurrences.
- Identifies potential quality concerns to the charge RN, manager and/or director for follow up.
- Coordinates activities with administrator on call and reports unexpected events.
- Acts as Incident Commander in disasters until appropriate relief arrives.
- Collaborates with Quality, Risk, Patient Relations, and Security for all patient/visitor issues.
- Fields outside calls and assists the caller in obtaining answers to their concerns.
- Develops and distributes daily NOL report highlighting the events throughout the hospital for the past 24 hours.
- Activates throughput/peak census/surge notifications in collaboration with Admin on call (AOC/Vice President on call (VPOC).
- Leads Surge calls in conjunction with the AOC and VPOC and implements plans determined on those calls.
- Assists in urgent or emergent transfers.
- Coordinates surgical add on cases after hours.
- Adjust staffing to meet sitter needs when applicable.
- Updated EM Resource and EMR for bypass status.
- Coordinates notifying on call staff when needed.
- Receives and communications all sick calls for Nursing teams.
- Adheres to the Department of Nursing requirements for required training for the organization.
- Contributes to relevant committees, councils, professional meetings, offering professional insight and assistance.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Registered Nursing license issued by the State of Illinois.
- BLS through American Heart Association within 30 days of employment
- ACLS within 3 months of employment
- At least 3 years of clinical experience
- Master's of Science in Nursing
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Medical Assistant- RMG Rheumatology, Full-Time, Days [$2,000 Sign-On Bonus] Warrenville, Illinois
- Staff Nurse, License Pending – ICU, Full-Time, Nights Lake Forest, Illinois
- Immediate Care Technician, River North, Full-time, Days **$2000 sign-on bonus Chicago, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant I, Fulltime, Evening Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs